BMW Head Office Customer Service / wrong info supplied by bmw on the natis system

ZA Review updated:

We sold a bmw f650gs motorcycle only to realize that the wrong engine number was registered by bmw in 2004 on the natis system. bmw even sent me a confirmation letter to confirm the number as it should be on the natis system. according to the new law, as from 1 september 2012, all vehicles must have data dot done should any information differ from the original documents. we had to pay r 550 for the data dot to be done to get police clearance to re-register the motorcycle on the natis system. all of these actions wouldn't be necessary if bmw first of all did not register the motorcycle with the incorrect number. bmw now refuse to refund us as they are under the impression that we had to pay for roadworthy for change of ownership. the payment of r550 was for the data dot to be done. we had to pay an extra r300 for the roadworthy as well. why can big companies get away with this kind of this, and the consumer must carry the extra costs???

Comments

• Om
      Feb 15, 2013

I have been suffering from lack of response to a complaint I made to the local dealer and head office. My car has only 50, 000 KM on the dial and I took in for regular serivce to be told that the engine has an oil sludge and that major parts of the rngine need replacement, at around 7000 USD cost. I wonder how can such an oil sludge form when the car is admitted regualrly for service and has only 50, 000 KM !