Bluegreen Resorts / terrible service!

VA, United States Review updated:
My husband and I bought a timeshare from Bluegreen in Gatlinberg, Tenn. in November 05. We were going to be spending a week in Las Vegas in May of 06. We were guaranteed that we could use our time share there. Well guess what we could not use it when we tried to reserve our time. This past May we attempted to use our timeshare in Gatlinberg for a mid week trip and were yet unable to use the timeshare again. We are having to pay outrageous fees at the end of the year for points we haven't used because we can not reserve our time. We have attempted to sell the property without any luck. Beware! The sells people will lie and mislead you for a sell. you are a challenge to them! There is a reason they are called crime shares.
Tr

Comments

Ma
  2nd of Apr, 2008
Timeshares have to be planned pretty far in advance. You can't decide two or three weeks ahead of time you want to go somewhere and expect it to be available. Everyone needs a manual on how to use a timeshare. The Resorts won't offer one. Today there are several websites dedicated to demystifying the timeshare industry. Trying to use a timeshare is like walking in a minefield, except it won't kill you.
Ch
  13th of Apr, 2008
I submitted a contest sweepstakes entry, for $50, 000 or a 4day 3 night vacation package, at a gas station by my house. About 2weeks later I received a phone call telling me I'd one a vacation getaway for 3days and 2 nights. I wasn't that interested in a vacation for the 1 year it was offered for. So they told me I could get 2 vacations the 1st to be used w/in 1yr. the 2nd w/in one year after the 1st. They told me I could use that 2nd one even to the Bahamas. All this for $129.00 and sitting thru a 1&1/2 to 2hr. sales pitch. They told me to get my package in the mail look it over and and if it wasn't all it said I could cancel within 30 days. I got the package details and it didn't say anything about the 2nd trip and the fine print said "no matter what you're promised on phone the truth is only in black and white". So I wrote them w/in the 30 days & sent it return receipt requested so I'd have proof that they received it w/in 30 days and it's been almost a month and they still have'nt sent my $ back to me. So I'm making a copy of all my info again and sending another request of my money back and filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

Bluegreen Vacations Logo Bluegreen Vacations