Bluegreen Resorts / lack of ability to use points
We have been Bluegreen owners for several years and have found it extremely difficult to work through the points system. I have plenty of points to make a reservation in June but because those points convert to a different category (i.e. saved!!!) at the end of May, I can't make the reservation. Each time I have tried to use my points, I get a different variable concerning the status of my points! None of this was ever mentioned, let alone explained to us at the time of the presentation.
We have become very frustrated with the whole program and regret ever buying into this company. I think Bluegreen has certainly sold many owners "property" that simply is not there! We have a deed to nowhere!
We like to travel with the grandchildren and since they are in school, that travel usually takes place during the summer months. The Bluegreen Company usually considers that time of year their high red or ultra red season, and it makes using the saved points almost impossible. At the presentation, one of the things we liked about it was the fact that you could accumulate points and save them for a longer vacation or extra rooms. We were not told of the "saved" category and how it worked. We were never informed that we would lose our saved points if they were not used by a deadline.
Up until this point, I have felt that maybe it was my fault for not understanding all of the variables of the complex point system. After reading some of the other complaints, I realize that it was not me, but the fraudulent tactics of Bluegreen. I am quite disappointed with the company and frustrated with the whole process.
If you have any true, reliable advice, or would offer us any reasonable amount for our points, we would love to get out. We were told that there was a company named "Pinnacle" who would sell our points for us, but we've not been able to locate them. Help!!
More Bluegreen Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Bluegreen Resorts - scam and cheating! 
- Bluegreen Timeshare - timeshare buy back! 
- Blue Green Vacation Club - This is a scam where they made the rules and changed the rules after a completed purchase 
- Bluegreen Vacation Club - stay away from this scam! 
- Bluegreen Resort - I won a sweepstakes... yeah right! 
- Bluegreen Vacations - my timeshare ownership
- Blue Green Resorts and Bass Pro Shop - blue green timeshare
- Bluegreen Resorts Management, Inc - timeshare for deceased person
- Blue Green & Bay Park Mall - sweepstakes scam
- Bluegreen Vacations - $199 promotional bass pro shops package