Bloomex / Terrible service!

Alberta, Canada Review updated:
3.35
So, I ordered flowers (on the 14th) for my mother's birthday (on Sunday the 17th.) Hours after them not showing up, I decided to investigate. I go onto the website and amongst their ridiculous policies, I managed to find out they don't deliver on Sundays! When I selected Sunday's date, I was not informed of this. No where in the ordering process is this information revealed, like similar websites. Then I discover they can't deliver the next day either because Alberta has a new holiday. The website says they will deliver Saturday or Monday, whichever is closer to the date. (Call me crazy, but if I placed the order Thursday, Saturday would have been a good choice! Better a day early than 2 days late.) Anyway, I change the address on Sunday night to my mother's workplace ($10 fee), to be delivered on Tuesday since she would not be home. Tuesday rolls around and my mother gets home from work, without flowers. She does come home to a message on the answering machine, however. They tried delivering them to that address. (A fee is usually charged if no one is there to accept them. For their sake, let's hope not!) I tried to get in contact with Bloomex via their 'Live help online support.' Several hours and several different people later, they finally tell me they will be delivered to correct address the following day. Am I in the wrong to feel like I am owed... something?!
El

Comments

Tr
  29th of Mar, 2008
I totally Agree that the service, customer service, return policies etc., are very bad.

These are the names of the owners as registered on Whois.circa.ca =

Domain florist-ottawa.ca

Fax
Email lokhonia@idirect.com
Mr
  22nd of May, 2008
I wish I'd check this complaint board before I placed our Mother's day flower order through Bloomex, who seems to be criminally incompetent on-line flower delivery business. I am joining a long list of dissatisfied customers - our ordered flowers were also delivered late, with missing sender's information and were very poor quality. All my attempts to file a complaint (numerous phone calls and e-mails to generic "Bloomex management" received no response or proper follow up!) Bloomex has the worst customer service I ever experienced. All the appropriate on-line fraudulent authorities need to be notified to either force Bloomex to improve their customer service or to close their business down. I urge all of you that experienced criminally poor business service from Bloomex to report them to the RCMP-Canadian Consumer protection division.
In the meantime – customers should avoid at all cost to use Bloomex’s atrocious on-line services.
Mr. S.J. Turnbull