Big Bazaar / Don't take any furniture from Big Bazar!

1 India Review updated:

It is tragedy that I went to big bazar to buy a computer table two weeks back. They gave me a packed item and they told that, fitters will come and do the fittings within 2 - 3 days. I am still waiting and already this is second week and nobody turned up. After waiting for 4 days I thought let us open and try to assemble myself. Unfortunately when I opened the the it I found two damaged pieces in the item. When ever I am calling they are telling that, already they left for fittings or they are on leave or the item which has to be replaced is out of stock.

Be careful when you are purchasing the furniture from Big Bazar or don't purchase .

Ak

Comments

• Nv
      16th of Mar, 2011
    Big Bazar - Cheaters
    BIG BAZAR
    India

Be careful with Biz Bazar. Check your bills before leaving the counter. They fool people in many ways:
    1.They don't give the discount on the discounted items.
    2.Also, you may find that at one time discount is there on an item & after few hours the discount is removed on that Item & you have not moved out of the store in few hours . e.g: if you are in store at 11am & you had put Item 1 in basket which was in discount at 1pm on the same day when you check out that discount is removed.

• Dr
      25th of Mar, 2011
    Big Bazar - delayed and damaged delivery of furniture
    big bazar
    India

I had purchased 2 beds and 2 wardrobes from big bazar (chor bazar), chhokra nala, Raipur, India on 26-01-2011.Assi.sales manager Mr.Anup told me that my purchased products will get me after 15 days.I waited for 15 days when i did not received any call or delivery of my products, i called to big bazar, they told me that i will receive my products after 2-3 days. after 3 days i got the same answer, this time i personaly went there and inquired about the delaying of my purchase products.they convinced me that i will be getting my products soon positively.after 2 days i received the damaged products.i conveyed about the damaged products and asked for replacement but they kept me promising till date without replacement. on inquiring on 25-03-11, assistant sells manager Mr.Anup talked on the telephone but in a very arrogant way, keeping my queries unanswered, even on telling him about to go in consumer forum he refused any help saying that there is no point in going to consumer forum as already so many cases are pending against us with no action.

• Fu
      7th of Jun, 2011

Dear customer,

We have made note of your concerns, and would like to assure you that we do treat complaints about billing discrepancies very seriously. As you claim you face recurring billing issues at a particular outlet, could you share the outlet details with us at priya@futuregroup.in. It would also help if you could mention any bills from your own purchase that carried a discrepancy, your contact details and the ticket number 154 in your mail.

Regards,
    Priya
    Future Group Customer Care

Big Bazar - Big Bazar Service for furniture
    Big Bazar, kothrud, pune, maharashtra

Hello,
    I have purchased furniture from Big Bazar-pune-Kothrud branch.
    I am really frustrated because of the service big bazar is providing. I have purchased these things from big bazar;

2 three seater sofa
    2 single seater sofa
    1 king bed + 1 side table
    1 center table

I have called big bazar many times to fix the lazer fitting of center table but they only giving me reason like;
    1. They are busy because of 15th aug season then ganpati season
    2. They don’t have laser fitting available

Now, it’s almost 2 months i have logged a complaint and they are not replying. I am wasting my money to call them many times and every time new person is picking up the phone.

Same happened with Sofa, sofa's legs are broken and that is not is use and for the second sofa something is broken in the middle of the sofa.

This is really not a good service and i don't know how they are dealing with other costumers.

Please take some disciplinary action so that my issues get resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sachin Siddhe.
    sachinsiddhe@gmail.com

Big Bazar - Complete Denial For Sold Stuff
    Big Bazar
    futurebazaar.com

I have been a big bazar customer for last three years. I was feeling happy that at last we have some reliable service even from some Indian company. I must also include the claim of its ethics by its founder how much they have done in India.
    Its a new pathetic experience from Big Bazar marketing. I had bought a cloth on buy one- get one offer. But unfortunately, the size was smaller than what we should have taken. So, we went back to the outlet for replacement of that stuff, they completely denied that they had ever had any offer like that on that stuff. First billing executive came out as saying that he had not made bill for the second piece of that stuff. When we shown him the stuff and its tags, he became silent. Then his manager came out to tell us that there was no mention of that stuff on our bill. On asking then about how come it went out of your counter... he made himself busy with something else. Lastly he asked his customer desk that there is no need of changing the second item, only the item that is shown on bill can be exchanged. Then, he was in no mood to answer any query and went out. We are simply amazed to see the quickness and irresponsible behavior to wind up any complains.
    It was not the first time that it happened with us. On previous occasion, we had bought a crockery item. It was billed properly, but was not in our package when we opened our packets at home. When we asked the customer desk regarding the same, the reply was complete non-acceptance. They were not ready to accept that they could do anything like that.
    We know that these kinds of tricks are common in cheap markets. Are they competing for the same? I would like to ask Mr. Biyani... It was already happening in India, what have you done special in it?
    Our neighbor stores are more honest than your people... at least they accept (and sometimes wait for us to come back for the thing). I have situations, when they returned my money after two days, when I mistakenly given them five hundred rupee note in place of hundred one.
    Sorry to say, you are making way to nowhere.

Big Bazar - Cheating customers
    India

It seems Big Bazar in Hebbal (Bangalore) has a habbit of fooling customers who are not suspicious and cautious while purchasing. I guess it is completely outrageous to expect customers to check everything at the counter when they are making a monthly purchase worth 3 to 4 thousand. The volume of things and the rush around really does not make that suitable and moreover that should not ever be expected.

They conveniently forget adding the free products and do billing errors on the higher side. It definitely indicates that it is intentional. Of Course the trend shows it happens for grocery / Food items.

It happened to me for the 5 th time today at the same outlet. It has happened once before at the Food Bazar at Esteem Mall. So far the transactions with Big Bazar at Old Madras Road has been satisfactory.

I have once called them as well and they very conveniently say please come and we will adjust it right away. They very well know that people who come there are mostly at least 5 to 10 kms away and coming they come something like once or twice in a month. The point is that it really does not make sense for me to spend 100+ bucks of fuel to recover lost many which is almost the same. Moreover it is not a big amount but since it happens everytime, this is what indeed points that these guys do it intentionally. Furthermore, once I have been there after 15-20 days and showed the bill and pointed out the errors that happened earlier, They kind of gave a very casual treatment as if it was my mistake and its too late now and I should better forger it.

Today again they did an error in billing colse to some 65 Rs. and have not included freebies close to another 36 rs.

Cheating has become an habbit here.