Big Bazaar — delivery not on time!
Big Bazaar is not mature enough to run the logistics of home delivery of goods. Buying products you can carry yourself is probably fine. I bought a chest of drawers, which they did not deliver on time. When I went to investigate I found that they are "too big" to be able to deliver on time. The floor staff had no idea about the delivery staff. The fitter was out of touch with either groups. They just did not have the supply chain logistics in place to manage the task of noting deliveries, making schedules, coordinating trucks, fitters and making it happen as promised on paper. When I went to complaint about non-receipt, they were # about each other. Speaks volumes about employee training, attitude and motivation. I am only saddened that Pantaloon Retail seems to be running 2 year Retail Management courses. We need less, not more; of this kind of customer unconcern!
Meanwhile, on the topic of furniture. The Big Bazaar prices are same as in traditional shops (like Shivajinagar in Bangalore) and the traditional shops always deliver as promised. Customer goodwill does matter to them.
More details of my avoidable misadventure on:
Wait for Walmart and Reliance to set up shop, and then you can forget Big Bazaar for good.
More Big Bazaar Complaints & Reviews
- Big Bazaar Trivandrum - transcend
- Big Bazaar - fraud
- Big Bazaar / Food Bazaar - biyani cheating his customers
- Big Bazaar - gift voucher
- Big Bazaar - cheating and fooling
- Big Bazaar, Ghatkopar(West), Mumbai Mall - bad service, billing error and corrupt practices by cashier
- Big Bazaar - unreasonable charging against polybags
- Big Bazaar / Future Group - kitchen utensils
- Big Bazaar / Future Group - school bag cashback
- Big Bazaar / Future Group - freebies and many other