Best Buy / restocking fee

1 Naples, FL, United States Review updated:

I bought a GPS from BB after I saw what appeared to be a great buy (Tom Tom reg $399. on sale for $179.) On my way home I thought that this was too good to be true so I did some Internet reviews on the model and found that the model was not worth even the discounted price. I decided to not to open it and didn't even take it out of the box.
The next day I returned it and the clerk asked me why I wanted a refund--I told her my story and she said "you know there is a $27.00 restocking fee"---I wasn't happy so I asked for a manager and she said "I am a manager"--I could tell that I wasn't going to get anywhere with her so I am setting out to warn everyone that Best Buy is a company that does't care about customer service--just look on the internet and you will see complaints like mine over and over again.---I will never buy anything from BB again but I will get my $27.00 plus of revenge.

Comments

• Ro
      25th of May, 2010

Well maybe, just maybe you should have looked before you bought it.

• Wo
      25th of May, 2010

The Return Policy should be posted in plain sight--I refuse to go to Best Buy also..I caught them playing with the prices and offering blank stares when I caugtht that..also here in CT..our ATTN. General went after them for useing a phony website--to advertise..prices.."I think its called BAIT&SWITCH"..I've also seen evidence of todays Dept. Stores being taken over by a gang(which I reported)..always look for the Return Policy.