Best Buy / worst customer service ever

Best Buy
After spending thousands of dollars at Best Buy over the past few years, we didn't think twice about buying a Sony 42" LCD TV from them. We left the TV in the box safely in our garage while we were remodeling our home, which unfortunately was one week past the 30 day return policy. When we took the TV out of the box to install, we found a large scratch down the screen. We immediately put the TV back in the box to return to Best Buy for an exchange.

Upon taking the TV to Best Buy (Henderson, NV store), I was given attitude by store manager, Travis and his GM, Joe. In front of several customers, they accused me of damaging the product myself and said that I had been using the TV for 40 days and said that I was lying to them. The TV had a little dust on the top because when I put it back in the box, the lid wasn't closed and it sat for a few more days in the garage (I work 60+ hours a week and couldn't get there until today). They in no way wanted to hear what I had to say. They just continued to accuse me of using and damaging the TV. I tried to tell them to turn the TV on and they will see that the TV would still be in start-up mode, which would prove that it had never been used. They refused to listen.

I came home and called the Corporate Customer Relations office located at their Corporate headquarters. I explained to Tia, the Customer Relations Supervisor, what had just happened. She called the store, got their uneducated story and decided that she was going to believe them. She said that they would be happy to work with me on a price for a new TV (what, now I'm paying for two???). I asked to go above her, but she would not give me the name of her manager, saying that they do not take phone calls.

Apparently, Best Buy does not value its customers who have spent thousands of dollars, never had a return, and who have come back over and over. I asked them all to look up my "rewards account" and look at how much I've spent, and see that I have had no issues with them. They wouldn't...they didn't care. The rude treatment is unacceptable. I'm glad there are so many electronic stores around here, because we will never shop at Best Buy again. We will advise everyone we know not to shop there.

N  11th of Feb, 2010 by
rohin austin, 54 maple street, yonkers new york 10701 apt. 1d.

didn't have my tv for two wks. and still did not get it.. i should get a discount. no installation the dame day..

contact # 914-815-2956.

914 613-7807.

914 413-0839.
A  11th of Feb, 2010 by
very dissatisfied . should get a discount or a free dvd or something !
N  25th of Apr, 2010 by
I have heard about these kind of problems and chose to learn from other peoples experiences.

This is the very reason that when I bought a new TV I asked them to open the box and make sure it's OK before I bought it. I politely explained why and they understood and had no problem doing that for me.

The other option could be to pay to have it delivered and installed to make sure it works.

However, to keep it in the garage and return it AFTER the return period is up is obviously NOT a good solution.

Live and learn!
D  29th of Aug, 2010 by
your an idiot... the tv was out of the return policy. when you buy something you should look at the return policy posted all over the store and when you finally pay for the product you are agreeing to the return policy. [censor] off. [censor].

Best Buy Logo Best Buy