Best Buy / canceled order and refusal to refund!

1 Dedham, MA, United States Review updated:

The Worst buy!!! As I am typing this I am on hold... again... it'S been over 35 minutes... again!!! I ordered some movies months ago. Three months had gone by when they had said I would receive in a matter of days. I couldn't get anyone to pick up a phone for a long time. When I did finally I canceled the order after being on hold 20 minutes at least. I was told the only way i could get my money back was to receive a gift card in the mail... in about a week. That was a month ago, though they have managed to send me numerous pieces of junkmail trying to entice me to jump online and spend spend spend... guess what??? I'm not their sucker twice and I want my money back!!! They absolutely refuse to answer any phones!!! The people I dealt with at the local store are rude and seem they could care less... even when I spent up in four figures last year buying a pc and accessories. I am done doing any business with them and tolerating the atrocious service!

Comments

Th
  6th of Apr, 2008

I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.