Best Buy / rude manager

1 Christiansburg, VA, United States Review updated:

I had a extremely poor experience at the Radford, VA store, I and my freinds had to wait over 1 hr just to get some one to ring us up for a home theater system, when we requested to talk to the store manager Andy, he came all wound up, and after listening tot he whole story asked us to leave as we were creating a scene, upon contacting the customer services department I got a long sympathetic talk and the crux of that talk being how can they help me canceling the online order I had placed with another retailer for the same products after being treated rudely at the store, and how could the customer service Rep. help me make that decision and place a new order with her, no formal apology or any follow up what so ever simply a email saying we will look into it.

The store incident was simply racial profiling and extremely poor in taste, we bought about 6K worth items online withing a few minutes and will never buy a cent worth of merchandise from best buy.

I will also write to Better Business Bureau and would urge others to do the same.

Comments

• Mr
      4th of Jan, 2009

you really want to know why the manager told you to leave??? you may find this hard to believe but it's TRUE. His wife or girlfriend refused to have sex with him the night before or in the morning. 100% TRUE!!!

• Ra
      2nd of Jul, 2009

There is no Best Buy in Radford, VA.

• Fr
      9th of Jul, 2009

We went to a Best Buy in Christiansburg, VA, near Radford, and got terrible treatment! My son bought a Magellan GIS...it didn't get signal inside the store, so they told him to take it outside and try it. We didn't get out of the parking lot before he knew it was crummy. When he returned it, the guy pointed to the box. It said there was a non-refundable re-stocking fee!! They only gave back part of his money. It might have been LEGAL, but it was UNETHICAL and they were RUDE. We paid more and got a Garmin from another company. Wonderful product.