Best Buy / service and warranty scam

1 Chicago, IL, United States

I contacted Best Buy on March 18, 2009 to report a problem with the Panasonic Plasma TV I purchased on January 17, 2008. A Geek Squad technician was dispatched to my house to diagnose the problem on March 21st. After a diagnosis, he determined that a major component had to be ordered and replaced. After two weeks and many failed inquiries on the status of the ordered part, the technician returned on April 3rd. He then informed me that another large component had to be replaced and that the repair can only be done at the service center. He also told me that someone from Best Buy will contact me to pick up the TV.

More than two weeks have passed since he told me that Best Buy will call me. My wait continues. In the mean time, I’ve contacted customer service numerous times and spoken to two different supervisors and a few Geek Squad agents. One of the supervisors agreed to submit a replacement request and assured me that I will be contacted with the decision. I am still waiting. Soon it’ll be a month since I first contacted Best Buy with this problem and more than a month without a working TV.

During this ordeal, while dealing with customer service, I’ve spent a lot of time being on hold and explaining my problem to every agent that was connected to me. Furthermore, because of the distance from work to home, I was forced to take a couple of hours from work to meet the technician on April 3rd.

Needless to say I'm frustrated and angry. I shelled out over $200 for the protection plan. If I had known it would be this difficult to get just a response from these folks, I would've never purchased the TV let alone the plan. It's truly amazing how coordinated the customer service group is in employing delay tactics to get rid of me. I WILL NEVER EVER VISIT A BEST BUY STORE AGAIN. I HOPE YOU REMEMBER MY ORDEAL THE NEXT TIME YOU CONSIDER GOING THERE. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.