Bell Canada / charging for service not existing

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I disconnected my Bell Expressvu DSL service on October 30 and returned the expressvu box to Bell. Bell is still charging me for this service and say they did not receive a disconnect. I am having no luck with phone service and cannot find an address to write - nor will their phone staff give me one. The DSL service is not even available in the building where I now live and as I don't have a satellite dish, it isn't even possible that I have this service. I have a postal receipt that they received the expressvu box back. I have contacted them by phone 7 times, by e-mail 3 times, and still no luck. They just say there is no disconnect!!! I have since cancelled my internet service and will also cancel my phone service due to this. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen and it seems that the phone is set up to stop clients from getting further. I can't even find addresses of management or executive for BCE so I'm going to start walking around to find them as I work in downtown Toronto.

Sa

Comments

Ji
  31st of Dec, 2008

I've had the same ongoing problem. I purchased a dish for use on my boat but sold the boat over a year ago. I have tried to cancel multiple times through various lines of communication, continued to pay the bill for non existing service under the threat of collection and credit reports. Each time they say they will process the cancellation I get a call a couple of months later demanding payment for continued service. This is a never ending loop.
Interestingly, I was tuned into a national investment broadcast a couple of weeks ago and the issue of Bell's terrible customer service was mentioned. Seems they are aware of it and have not done much about it.
Bell's behavior is fraudulent...in my opinion!!

I am now filing a claim at small claims court and suggest the rest of you out there do so. Once filed, they have 14 days to respond.