Bell Canada Telephone Service / harrasment not to cancel telephone service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

September 22, 2008 I called Bell Canada to cancel my second telephone line. I was asked security questions such as account numbers, name, address, etc. which I answered all. While on the phone I was forwarded to another person where I was asked the same questions, and she kep asking more irrelevant questions which I could not answer precisely such as the exact date four years ago when I set-up the account. And then she kept asking why I was terminating the service, and that she could offer better packages. She then told me that she could not cancel the service because I could not answer security questions. I said I will hang up and find exact dates she needed, but she eventually gave up on me and agreed to cancel the service. I told her that she was trying her best tactics to discourage me from cancelling the service. Bell Canada hired people to harass subscribers not to cancel service. If you know where else can I complain, please let me know.

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008

I am a very upset customer at this point... I just hung up my phone from a Bell agent...
    My complaint is that Bell Canada has entered my bank account AGAIN illegally and withdrew
    my telephone bill. This is not the first time this has happened.
    My sympatico internet service is automatically withdrawn on a monthly basis BUT my phone
    bill, I pay through web banking... Yet there was no authorization on my part to withdraw this
    payment, it happened in the amount of $90.41. It was quite a shock this morning when I went into my
    bank account to find this withdrawal...
    We have been customers for the past 24 years and if this is the way that you do business, well maybe I should be shopping around for someone else.
    This man that I was talking to this morning said that myself or my husband had made the request...
    My husband DOES NOT USE the internet and he DOES NOT PAY THE BILLS... I do.
    He told me to contact my bank because this was their mistake BUT my bank is going to tell me that the authorization came from you people... I DID NOT GIVE AUTHORIZATION TO WITHDRAW THIS BILL!!!
    As you can tell, I am furious right now after spending 20 minutes on the phone about this matter and he would not give me a head office number but after telling him that I would go on the internet and retrieve it, he came back after leaving me on hold for 3 or 4 minutes and gave me an e-mail address... I will also be sending this letter to that one too.. Making sure that I get to the proper people... I am soooo upset right now...

6th of Oct, 2008

Hello, I have had the same problems with Bell, they recenlty changed my plan (mobile) telling me that I had the exact same features as I did when I moved from Calgary to Halifax with Bell. I found out they cancelled everything, took all my features and have created so many problems for me, I've spent over 6 hours on the phone, and the worst thing is I'm not exaggerating. They said I can't talk to a supervisor, etc.etc..

It is the worst service I have ever seen or heard of, problem is they are all the same, now I dont' know how to get out of my contract!
    Good luck to all o f you, I don't think Bell cares, this is why monopolies and big corporate giants should be open to competition.