Belk Department Stores / termination

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Looking for anyone else who might have been recently terminated or fired from Belk Department stores. Looking to see if we can get some people together to figure out what we can do. Thank You.

Ma

Comments

• Ga
      15th of Aug, 2009

I was terminated from Belk August 13, 2009 after employed 3 years from store# 244 Myrtle Beach (Coastal Grand Mall)due to on going matter I was called names and harrassed since I started; I am originally from New York and the HR manager Donna Blatton is prejudice against northeners and has indicated so at many occassions. I complained numerous times to the EXCEL line and the store mgr and merchandise mgr at the time supported me, but both are gone now. The new store mgr says I should tolerate the abuse from management and this stems down to the co-workers. All these comments made from management set poor examples to co-workers. This store has extremely low moral and the store manager Mr. Hebert, HR manager Donna Blatton, and Crystal Reese should not be managers because they insult the workers because it makes them feel superior. I was let go because of intolerable behavior to me from another co-worker and I stuck up for myself to the co-worker because everyone else is nasty to each other and management does nothing about it; so I told the co-worker to "kiss my ***" (I was not even on time clock; clocked out for lunch); and I was suddenly fired; but when I went to Ms. Blatton for 3 years about people making fun of me they never fired one person. Also this Crystal Reese who a ASM is the worst supervisor and she is the most evil human being and has no respect for people; I donot how they support or how they become ASM's. Why do they let anybody become managers in this company, it definitely does'nt require people skills or professionalism.

• Mi
      5th of May, 2010

Why would you work at a place for 3 years when things were so bad ? I Just do not understand. Sorry for your troubles !