Belkemployee rudeness

March 27 2009 I made several purchases from the belk store, after the transaction I asked the clerk to direct me to the gift wrapping dept. After arriving there the sales clerk was very rude I gave her my receipt and after viewing it she informed me that I did not spend 50.00 dollars and she would have to charge me 5.00 I explained to her that was no problem, I then explained to her that I had purchases from another store and I would like to have them wrapped and whatever the fee was I would pay. She had attitude was very rude and she told me no the store policy was under no circumstances accepting merchandise from another store. Never again will I shop at any of the belk stores and my mother and grandmother who have over 30 years of shopping at belk stores have decided to cut up their belk cards.

• B
    [email protected]@ Sep 20, 2009

That is not uncommon for a store to only wrap items bought at that store!After all they are not a gift wrapping service, they are a department store!Why didnt you have your items wrapped at the store where you purchased them?Guess they didnt even offer gift wrapping there? Wonder why?

• Be
    belkworker Nov 20, 2009

Yes, sorry it is store policy to only wrap Belk merchandise. You get free wrapping when you purchase with your Belk premier or elite cards, or spend more that $50. I think that is a pretty good policy. The associate shouldn't have been rude to you, but like the last commenter said, that is store policy for most places to only wrap their own merchandise. If you want more things wrapped, you should go to the Mall customer service gift wrap.

• 14
    14chris Apr 03, 2010

As desperate as Belk is for sales they should wrap anything that you buy in their store regardless of the price. The wrapping paper they use looks as cheap as it gets anyway. There is no way that I will pay anything for their wrapping. Proffitts used quality paper that was very attractive. Belk doesn't carry as much quality merchandise as they use to. Sometimes the store looks like a glorified K-Mart. As far as the comments about Belk not offering credit updates unless you spend a certain amount, I could care less. I will tell them if they don't want my business I can go some place else. They do not sell anything at all that I can't find at another establishment.

• Ro
    Roy G. Biv Apr 15, 2010

1)Good, cut your cards and don't come back. Go to JC Penny and see what kind of answer they give you.

2) I gotta agree with the one that said the gift wrapping is cheap. The paper in our store is hideous.

• So
    sohpia rose Dec 28, 2010

The employee was more than likely anoid with such a DUMB question! Come On! Hmmmm get a little class!