BBT / unethical charges
One morning I had noticed that the deposit I made at BBT did not appear on my online statement...but the 2nd day hold that they put on the check was there resulting in my avaialble balance being negative! I called the BBT 800 number and told them I thought something was wrong, but the teller was talking the company line about holds, etc... and wasn't even listening to me telling her that I understand the hold, but that the deposit wasn't yet showing on the account as it should be because it was made in the morning the day before. So I called back to get another operator and got the same story. Then I called the branch directly and told them about the problem, they immediately recognized something was wrong and got my contact information to call me back with a resolution. About an hour later I got a call back from a BBT rep saying they are very sorry for the trouble and that the problem was the bank teller that took the deposit did not get her "work" put in that day. They made the money avaialable, etc...
The very next day I check my account and there is a Phone24 charge on my account for $2.00!! This charge is for calling their 800 twice per month apparently. what a joke! Going in there today to get that money refunded and then close the account. Too many issues with BBT. They suck!
More BBT Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- BB&T - unexplained charges
- BBT - fraudulent services 
- [Resolved] BB&T - overdraft fees stacking
- [Resolved] BB&T Bank - excessive overdraft fee and reversed transactions for monetary gain
- [Resolved] BB&T - overdraft fee stacking