Barclays Bank / Increase in account fees

1 England, East Sussex, United Kingdom Review updated:

A call to all Barclays Additions Plus customers; you may have received a letter today informing you that your account fee has increased to £16 per month as Barclays 'have listened to your feedback'. Did any of you ask for your fee's to be increased? I think the answer is no. Why don't they just drop some of the meaningless benefits they use to keep the fees so high. Please complain and email Barclays customer services.

Comments

• Ph
      1st of Dec, 2008

I did, nt know i had it . i have called the Barclays complaints department. Unbelivable!!

• Js
      19th of Feb, 2009

Hi, why dont you use your head and look into other accounts they offer with less benefits for a cheaper price. Its not the only fee paying account they offer

15th of Nov, 2011

I was given Additions without even agreeing to it in 2003!! I phoned to ask what the Additions was on my Account only to be told "it was an extra which had to be paid on all Accounts and if i didn't like it I'd have to close my account". Since 2003 I have paid £1400.00 for a service I did not know the benefits of and have just been offered a "GOODWILL" payment of £168.00. I'll see the idiots in Court!!!