Barclays Bank / Terrible company
I have a US AIR Credit Card and made regular payments through my checking account. The amount is usually $50 more than the minimum to account for additional charges. The payment is automated and scheduled to arrive 10 days before due date.
I made a payment of $650 one month which turned out to be $25 less tanh the balance due. When they notified me, I sent the additional money and adjusted my future payments.
I was told the this is considered a late payment and they raised my interest rate to 27%. I called them but could not get any answer other than 'there is nothing anyone can do'. I asked for the customer service manager and was told there is none there at the call center in the Philippines.
I asked for a name and phone number for someone in the Delaware Headquarters and was told they didn't know anyone there. I asked for the name of the head of the bank in Wilmington and was given a fictious name that didn't exist.
To this day I have not been able to get a name to contact. I have never missed any payments in 40 years and this is the way they treated me. I had a problem with Citibank and called them and they took care of it immediately.
Don't deal with foreign owned banks that are afraid to get customer service calls because they know how bad their service is.
More Barclays Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not 
- Barclays Bank - Unfair practice for balance transfer 
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance 
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank! 
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam 
- Barclays Bank - harassment calls from barclays bank
- Barclays Bank - apple credit card
- Barclays Bank - account closed 24%
- Barclays Bank - swift transmission
- Barclays Bank - current accounts