Barclays Bank / Terrible company

I have a US AIR Credit Card and made regular payments through my checking account. The amount is usually $50 more than the minimum to account for additional charges. The payment is automated and scheduled to arrive 10 days before due date.

I made a payment of $650 one month which turned out to be $25 less tanh the balance due. When they notified me, I sent the additional money and adjusted my future payments.

I was told the this is considered a late payment and they raised my interest rate to 27%. I called them but could not get any answer other than 'there is nothing anyone can do'. I asked for the customer service manager and was told there is none there at the call center in the Philippines.

I asked for a name and phone number for someone in the Delaware Headquarters and was told they didn't know anyone there. I asked for the name of the head of the bank in Wilmington and was given a fictious name that didn't exist.

To this day I have not been able to get a name to contact. I have never missed any payments in 40 years and this is the way they treated me. I had a problem with Citibank and called them and they took care of it immediately.

Don't deal with foreign owned banks that are afraid to get customer service calls because they know how bad their service is.

Jo

Comments

• Bo
      23rd of Jul, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

• Ep
      13th of Apr, 2011

Barclays seem to be the only business in the world that actively DO NOT want customers to contact them! On their correspondence there is no website, no e-mail address only a number for their ineffective call centre in India, I have banked with them for years and fully intend to close my account (if only i can find a way to do it!!) It seems they have no idea that customers have a choice these days and anyone who has experienced their lackluster customer service will choose not to bank with them