Bank Of America - World Points Reward Credit Card / fraudulent advertisement

Fraudulent advertisement - World Points Master Card to get consumer to apply with false promises of Bonus Points

Website with the rewards was no longer existed. I do have a print out of the web page

I never receive my bonus worldpoints for applying for the University of Iowa Platinum Plus credit card with WorldPoints Rewards two months ago. I was told on 10-19-07 that since I applied by the phone they would not honor it. This is a total lie. The online website also provided a [protected] number to apply by the phone with a priority of FABHTN for the promotion. In addition, When I applied for the credit card, Customer Service Representative assured me that I would receive the promotional point by providing the priority code. I also have a print out of the web page.

10-19-07: I contacted the BOA CSR (A. Perez) again, I was told that I was given the wrong information when I applied and there is nothing she can do about it.

This is what I call a Fraudulent Advertisement.

It seems like again if you are only an insignificant consumer, you are on your own.

Va

Comments

Jt
  26th of Feb, 2008

BOA has done the same thing to me, it was over 100.00 check which was to be delivered after I was approved and purchased 100.00 or more on my card. The CS department has not been able to retrieve any information that is helpful. This is a poor situation, and unfortunately i don't think there is much recourse that can be done to resolve it.

La
  14th of Apr, 2008

I have had the same experience with this program and it has been validated as a Fraud Case. Bank of America still advertises that you only need 25, 000 points for US air travle. But when you ask them about the details of the program, they can not tell you anything about the hotels or airlines that are used. Here is what I have found out . the real price is 42, 800 points per round trip ticket and there are hidden additional fees. The primary air carrier they use is Airtran which has filed for bancruptcy. This scam is run by a company called World poitns and Carlson Leisure travel.

Ki
  23rd of Jul, 2009

The same i have experience today spending an hour of my time to find an answer about Basic points and how to book it. The web site for airtravel from San Fransico to New York gave me 52, 400 point per round trip ticket. Agreed totally with previos post!
Bank of America still advertises that you only need 25, 000 points for US air travel. But when you ask them about the details of the program, they can not tell you anything about the hotels or airlines that are used. Here is what I have found out . the real price is 42, 800 points per round trip ticket and there are hidden additional fees.