Bank Of America / sold my debt to cach

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

I have been in a debt consolidation since 6/2006, got 4 out of 6 cards paid off. On 7/6/09, I received a summons in the mail from a law firm stating that CACH LLC is sueing me for $6500. I had no clue what this was about since I gave a POA to the debt co., I have never received a letter, monthly billing statements, that CACH was now the debt collector and they took over in Feb 2007, its now 7/09. I have been in contact numerous times with debt co. asking them about this debt. regarding this summons. At the time I turned everthing over to the debt co, this bill was only for $2119.00, and now I am being sued for $6500. Cach has never sent me anything after they bought the debt, and on my debt co., it states settlement pending. I had no idea about this until today when the debt co emailed me saying cach bought the debt back in 2/07, it is now 7/09, why wait so long. I have replied to the court, so just waiting to hear for a trial date. Is this legal for Cach not to contact me for payment of this debt since 207 and receive a summons in the mail on 7/09?

Comments

• Bo
      24th of Jul, 2009

I would go to a lawyer. These law firms that collect debts are the lowest of the low and typically do things that are questionable. I was sued by one for a debt a few years ago and got legal help through the local law school for free. They were going to dispute the entire case because the law firm tried to say that Capital One's address was their address, but we ended up settling. Definitely go for legal advice.