Bank Of America / hugh increase in amount of monthly payment

1 IA, United States Review updated:

My home loan was with Countrywide until the big
Bank of America take over. What a mistake that has been.
After a couple of months BOA deciced I didn't have enough
money in my escrow account so they increased my monthly payments $200 so I would have reserve in my escrow account. I asked if they were going to pay me interest on that money and they said no. I said then you don't need it. If Countrywide didn't do it how can you
just decided to do this. I have not been late on a payment and make payments every 2 weeks and its all automatic.
Why with so many families unable to pay their morgages
and Real estate values falling, why would a Bank be allowed to increase payments when an account is not even short and tell me well its in case your insurance or taxes increase in the future. Doesn't BOA already make enough money that they should have to pay customers interest on all escrow accounts. BOA has the rudest employees who are anything but helpful or concerned for their customers.

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Dec, 2010

You are lucky they only raised your morgage $200, they raised mine $900. I started with Countrywide and then been bought out by B of A. They made me impound my taxes and insurance, which I didn't want and then increased my monthly payments. I couldn't afford their raise, so I asked for a loan modification in February and have been fighting them ever since. It is now December and we are still doing the modification plus I couldn't afford the increase of $900/month payments they have put me in foreclosure. And as for rude they are the worst. When they call you with their recorded messages half the time the call gets dropped while your waiting.