Bank Of America / unauthorized draft of account!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

We have a personal checking and business checking account both with various credit cards through BOA. Due to the real estate market, we became behind on the business credit card payments. My husband alerted BOA of the situation which they agreed to take 35 cents on the dollar for the 2 credit cards for business, but with a payment plan. Last week, the drafted my PERSONAL account for 100% owed on 1 card and 50% owed on the other, causing everything else I had to overdraft. I am closing my accounts. They say they are "within their right" per our credit card agreement.

Comments

• Mj
      30th of Mar, 2011

I put a stop payment for ACH in the amount of $80 and $168. They told me that it would cost me $30 in which I paid. they said although it is 2 transactions for same company not to worry. 3 days later $168 was taken from my account along with a NSF of $35. I then called the claims dept. and said to file a complaint and that they were sorry for this should have not happened but in the meantime they would credit my account the $30 in which I did. 2 days later $80 was taken from my account. I am filing a complaint tomorrow but since when does BOA return funds that allowed to be taken out of account when I signed a waiver not to have an overdraft policy in the first place and paid for a stop payment fee. Claims department also told me that that they are not suppose to tell customers that a ACH stop payment is not guarenteed but yet they will not tell you that at time receiving there $30 fee.