Bank Of America / credit card fraud

United States, Florida Review updated:
Bank of America Visa
I have had a Bank of America Visa card for many years. I have decent credit and pay my card in full. Tonight I received an alert about an on line charge. I didn't authorize. 'after 30 minutes on hold I finally get a person that doesn't care that I've been on hold that long. Then he tells me I have to call back once the charge is posted. There is nothing they can do while it is pending!!! So they are going to let a charge go through knowing it is unauthorized. STUPID. Well by then I'm fit to be tied. I ask him if he can cancel my account. He says yes. Do it. He says the account is canceled. They don't have any customer service they don't care how they treat their customers or that they even keep you. So tomorrow I have to call back and be on hold for who knows how long. I think I'm going to move all my banking.

N  9th of Oct, 2009 by
I have been on the phone with Bank of America five times in the past week. I pay my credit card account on line. When making my last payment I noticed a LATE payment fee. I have a due date of the 28th of each month. I pay my bill early in the month while paying my other bills. When I called to inquire why I was charged a late payment when my payment was paid by the first of the month, a "Customer Service" ~hardly a good description~ rep who did not speak English, informed me that it was my fault that I incurred a late fee due to my not making my payments on time. HUH??? I asked to speak to someone who spoke English. That led to many phone calls, being hung up on and told that I am badgering Bank of America. Finally last week I was able to get someone on the phone who spoke english. He could not tell me why my account was hit with a late fee but offered to remove it. Not back date it, refund it. Again, I'm paying on fees that were not valid. I am paying interest on the late fee amount for the month since they will not back date the reversal of the late fee. Conveniently, I did not receive a statement for September. How many would never notice they were erroneously charged a "LATE FEE?" Today I called to see if the fee was removed. Again I am told that I am at fault for paying my account late. WHAT?

If I pay the account after the due date, after the first of the month and before the month's due date how can I be late? I was told that I should probably think about automatic debit as a form of payment. They will then have days of interest since my bill won't be paid until just before the "due date." If I pay the bill after the due date but before THEY decide to run the statements, I am charged a late fee. I don't understand how that can be. If I chose to pay my bill after the due date I would be charged, there is no grace period for payment due dates. Basically I was told that I HAVE to make my payments in a 20-25 day window. After the 5th or 6th of the month but before the 28th. Isn't that interesting? I feel like they are intentionally trying to force late payment of accounts or payments closer to the due date in order to collect undue fees. What a RIP OFF.

Bank of America is unscrupulous in their practices. I hope everyone out there pays close attention to their accounts with BOA.

Bank of America Corporation Logo Bank of America Corporation