Bank Of America / fraudulent charges

Bank of America unethical business practices has hit the lowest of the lows. Compare them to any subprime lending institution, they would be rate #1.

Bank of America deliberately, fraudulently changes due date of credit card...then they CHARGES customers a $39 dollars late fee. I was informed by Bank of America after complaining that they can change due date and that the dates can vary from 1-4 days, whatever, whenever they chooses. Bank of America states to me that I should have ' Read the very fine PRINT'.

Bank of America, you are the worst. You are the reason that banks are going under today.

Bo

Comments

• Pe
      10th of Jun, 2009

I agree 100% that Bank of America is corrupt. I wonder if some kind of class action suit would work? They constantly charge fees whenever they can. They just recently changed their policy to where the charge overdraft fees even if the online banking shows a positive balance. They delay posting credits to the account to create more overdraft fees, and they deduct the highest debits first then the lowest creating the most overdrafts possible. I really can't believe how corrupt they are. I've been charged thousands of dollars over the last 6 years. I should have closed my account years ago, but everytime it happens, I just can't believe that they would do it again. And recently, the changed their policy to where your account doesn't even have to be in the "red" for them to charge overdraft fees. They have their own behind the scenes system that works to their advantage and I'm certain they make millions a year on fools like me. I have to close my account now but it's such a pain because of all the direct deposits and automated stuff I've got going on with them including merchant accounts etc. I wish Bank of American would have to pay for their greed, not get bailed out by the governments.

• Mk
      17th of Aug, 2009

In 2008, Bank of America opened a credit card account linked to the debtor's checking account without permission of the debtor or knowledge of the debtor. For over a year Bank of America racked up bank fees without notifying the debtor of the existence of the credit card account. Bank of America posted all sorts of bank fees (late fees, maintenance fees, etc.) to this credit card account for over a year without ever notifying the debtor by mail or phone that the credit card account existed. The debtor received all types of other mailings from Bank of America but never anything regarding a credit card. Debtor was completely unaware of the credit card account, never got a credit card, never activated or used a credit card and the only charges on the account were generated by Bank of America. Account went to Collection in 2009 and debtor received a letter out of the blue that his credit card account with Bank of America was delinquent over $400.00. Debtor had to pay to settle and his credit score is now seriously negatively impacted. Bank of America made it impossible to deal with it via phone and the local branch was useless also. Debtor has since closed his accounts with Bank of America. He was clearly unfairly and deceptively used by Bank of America for its own financial gain. This is larceny and Bank of America should be held accountable as would any other thief robbing people of their money.