Bank Of America / &online banking fee&
I noticed an "Online Banking Fee" of 9.95 on my monthly statement. In May of 2008, I personally went to my bank branch and spoke to a teller. She said she would have it removed immediately and cancel whatever service it was - she didn't know what it might be from the label. I supposedly had a free account, as I had direct deposit paychecks every month.
Unsurprisingly, nothing changed. Due to some life upheaval I did not notice that the fees were still occuring every month. Finally, I wrote a letter in 6/2010 explaning the problem. I asked for 2 years of refund, since no one had been able to tell me what the fee was for. No answer. Huh. Amazing. I tried calling in several times but could never get through to an actual person in under 10 minutes.
Finally I used getahuman.com to figure out a direct number on 11/12/2010. The "Online Banking Fee" was for access to my bank records by MS Money. The representative could tell I hadn't used this service since 2007. She cancelled the service but was unable to issue a refund. I was tranferred to "the checking line" which was actually just the main automated banking number. First I was hung up on (ever heard a digital soundtrack get stuck on one tone? Painful.). Then I was unable to reach a human again in under 10 minutes.
I was originally going to stay at BOA until I got a refund for this issue, thinking it would be painful to move my automated payments to a new bank. But in September I learned it was pretty freaking easy - BOA allowed my bank information to be compromised and I received a new (unwanted) debit card number. It was much easier to switch in the new number than I thought. I'm almost out of checks. It's time to go. Too bad, BOA. Another customer slips away. I'd rather deal with a bank with actual humans working at it and drive a little further for an ATM.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America Corporation - lack of tellers 
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank account
- Bank Of America Corporation - deposit of check with 7 day hold
- Bank Of America Corporation - interest charges after paying the card off in full
- Bank Of America Corporation - transaction claim on checking account, debit card