Having problems with Bank of America?

+1 800 432 1000 (English)
+1 800 688 6086 (Spanish)
+1 315 724 4022 (International)
+1 757 677 4701 (Credit Card Issues)
100 N Tryon St.
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

premium line of credit

I or rather my ex-wife (whom is a employee for Bank of America as a loans underwriter) gained access to a 10,000 line of credit in 1998 in 1999 it was at it's limit of 10k since we have divorced and I have been paying the thing down to @ 4k as of late 2006 apparently my efforts were not sufficient and when a payment of 95$ was made in December 2006 it broke the camels back. A letter was sent to me stating that the money was received but actually 97$ therefore the account would remain "In Default" It is important that you know that I have had a commercial account with Bof A for over 20 years, I own 2 carwashes in the DFW area and I bank there no less than twice a week, the paperwork just dried up in the fall od 2006, I made repeated efforts to transfer monies using their online banking when I tried to transfer money it insisted I need to open an account, hell I already had to many, and it would not recognize my LofC account number, I tried often to reach the Lof C dept but they were Closed For the Evening,to say the least I am a very busy man single, home, 2 businesses that are open 7,24,365 get it. So on Feb. 11 of my own accord I called the line of credit dept and a lovely lady answered the phone explaining that the others had gone home but that she could assist me,finally a actual human with blood in their veins... she explained to me what was necessary to get their online banking to recognize one of it's own accounts (WHAT to HELL) and told me she would be glad to assist me in making a payment, I told her I would like to pay $235 and she transfered the money immediately, she then explained that after looking at the details of the account saw that if I and I Quote" would just pay an additional sum of @ 3o$ my account would be IN GOOD STANDING AND ALL WOULD BE WELL so like a good soldier I DID JUST THAT thinking finally I would have online access to my account and could resume paying this thing off... good rideounce, of course if the junior teller at the new branch 2 blocks near my home would of told me I needed to pay 2$ extra in December or how to "REGISTER" my LofC account online none of this happens... but that's not all oh it gets worse... 5 days after this payment is made I receive notice that indeed my account had been sold to United on a Bof A letterhead telling me to contact them, and that if I've made any payment recently not to that it could greatly increase the amount owed to united and that it was sold on Feb 9th 2 days before my payment that was at the time about 7 to 8% of the loan amount... the money had been taken from my account but the total had not been posted against my LofC balance... On early three months I spent 1 to 2 days of the week trying to retrieve rundown freaking find my money always a confirmation # was issued and a promise to resolve this quickly Diane Hicks lied repeatedly to me and never got back with me I was repeatedly bumped form dept. to dept... THE TREE as they call it each one saying it was the others DEPARTMENT... I finally got the EXWIFE to call in EARLY MAY and of course she got the real skinny... loan sold to united deal was made back in January of 2007 sold 4100$ not that united thought was secured with assets for 3167$ they claimed (even told my ex-wife) that they transferred the funds immediately to United Mortgage... United tells me that they received the money on MARCH 22nd and that at the current interest rate of 13% I now owe including the @270$ payment just over 4,500 dollars remember that balance was just over 4,000$ on January 1 of 2007-minus 270$ payment on feb 11th @13% (was never that high, variable rate at Bank of America). They are now calling like incestuous whore's insisting that they need a speedy one time payoff... the Loan was UNSECURED and personal, not secured and Business as united thought, see they even lie to each other... Hell I don't have that and refused to be bullied by these carpet bagging son's of bi**hes, I will pay when a judge determines that a FAIR recognizing has been made and yes I still for this moment bank there... Gerald L kannady.

No no Jul 26, 2007

I recently wanted a car loan in which my car i owed 19k on and was getting 15k for it and the dealer was giving me 4k more than what my car is actually worth and and i know dealers like to bu***hit people but i looked it up myself on kellys blue book and its worth 11k with the miles i have on it and so i was trying to get a car with 40k miles and was 26,250 the as***les denied me.

But check this.

My credit score is 734 and i have 2 jobs and my father co-signed for me... He has 2 jobs also... The dealer place was enraged i mean like red in their faces all the way because nobody understood why and the bank of America people would not give a reason.

U know what i am neverrr going to bank of America and anyone that asks is getting a bad referral from me.

• Jc
    jc12 Nov 20, 2008

This one is good. Same with this one: http://www.financecreditline.com

bofa visa is setting up its customers to fail!

There are three practices of their billing system that increase the likelihood of its customers making late payments. This increases BofA profits but ruins the credit of its own customers.

1. They have shortened the billing cycle to 20 days instead of thirty days. This is according to their customer service rep. My statement still says 30 days.
2. The Payment Center is across the country where regular mail takes 5-10 days.
3. The statement comes in an unmarked envelope which looks like junk mail and can easily get tossed or shredded.

My recent billing cycle close date was 04/04. I received the statement on the 12th (8 days later).
The due date is 04/24. I must recognize the unmarked envelope as my statement, open the statement immediately, make the payment right away and get it into the mail in order for the payment to travel across the county by the due date. If there is a weekend or holiday or inclement weather in the East, I will incur a late fee and a late payment will be reported to the credit bureaus thus lowering my credit score. No waiting for the weekend or first of the month for bill paying day. Don't take a vacation or you will be late by the time you get home.

I have been caught once, I am wiser now and am complaining.

Send your complaints to:
Kenneth D. Lewis, Chairman, CEO and President
Bank of America - Executive Relations
100 N. Tryon St
Mail Code: NC4-[protected]
Charlotte NC 28255

Contact Congress by writing Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit

Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney
2331 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC [protected]

misleading and fraudulent ad

During the past month, I decided to transfer my balance from my Capital One credit card to the BOA Platinum Plus credit card. The reason I did this was for the 0% APR for 12 months, as well as the 0% balance transfer fee. I completed a request for a BOA Platinum Plus credit card online, but had to get help telephonic with BOA Credit Card Services group due to a software issue. At the time of the application, I was confident that this credit card would indeed be 0% APR and no balance fees, as indicated on the application and in the terms and conditions.

During the phone call with BOA credit card services people, I also told them that I had $750.00 in my BOA Advantage checking account that once the balance had been transferred from my Capital One card to the new Platinum Plus account, I wanted the $750.00 transferred from my checking account, and the rep said he could do this. At no time did he ever indicate there would be a fee for doing this. If I had known there would be a fee for doing this, I would have waited for the credit card to be approved, then used my online banking to directly transfer the $750.00 to the credit card. Why would I spend $15 when I have online account pay and did not have to?

Imagine my anger and displeasure when I looked at my new credit account online and found that I had been charged $435.00 for a balance transfer fee and $15 for a phone transfer fee. Despite several phone calls to BOA credit card services group and speaking with Luz, the account manager, (who I had to ask to speak to me in English), I was told nothing could be done and that the fees were clearly spelled out in the terms and conditions for the credit card.

Clearly, the offer that I responded to states, both on the application itself and in the terms and conditions, that there are NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEES associated with this offer, and I was not informed of any phone transfer fee. To now insist that these fees are proper clearly indicates to me that the offer I responded to was fraudulent and misleading, and is a growing indication of the downward spiral BOA is engaged in with its present account holders.

saga27 May 03, 2012

Ask any question related to Bank of America, you will get revert within an hour or 2...try it once..

most unethical practices and rude customer service reps

I became a member of MBNA Credit Card products 14 years ago. I did not have any problems since MBNA became Bank of America (BofA). The BofA has the worst customer service. So called the account managers can bang the phone on you without thinking twice. I called to request the interest rate review/reduction which started at 10.9% and was increased to 22% without my consent. The account manager told me to consider the home equity loan and talk to their mortgage department to pay off my loan. I consider it not solving the problem and trying to to avoid the issue. After talking to three different department that last department told me that they do not do business in the state I live in. Very next day I called to check the balance on my account and found out that all of my accounts (I have three) were closed. One does not deserve this kinda service and response from a bank that you have been giving business to for fourteen years. My recommendation is to stay away from this bank. They are highly unethical and very rude when it comes to resolving issues.

• Fr
    Frustrated Mar 25, 2009

I Had a credit Line of 8000, Intrest rate of 12% fixed after I was approved in Febuary 2009, I contacted the site stating i would like to do a balance tranfer, they told me no problem, I stated I would call back later, And I did this time I got another customer rep, who said that I had credit issues more then 6 years ago, I said yes, I improved my credit score, havent missed a payment, applied for the Bank of america card in 2007 was approved into rate and payed it off as planed then in 2009 got the 12% intrest rate. He then stated well I am not like the other people in my group I think diffrent then they do, LACK OF STANDARD, I dont think I can approve you for the balance transfer, in fact I am going to close your account. He said times are diffrent, I told him if they were so diffrent why did they give me the account and the intrest rate adjustment, he said that well I am different from them.

home equity line of credit

The incompetence of this bank is truly sobering. A simple call to check the status of a loan application resulted in a three hour phone tree ordeal. I used the number they had provided for this purpose. The one department that might have been able to answer the question closed during my phone tree debacle! The phone message still said "please continue to hold, your call will be answered in the order it was received" long after that group had left for the day. The result was that I never even got an answer on my original question. I was repeatedly invited to participate in a customer satisfaction survey, but each rep claimed they were unable to transfer me to the survey as instructed. Tomorrow I plan to transfer all my accounts to a smaller bank!

• Lo
    LORI RICKETTS May 22, 2007

May 22, 2007
    Volkswagen of America
    Lithia VW of Reno
    Lithia, Medford Oregon

Re: 2002 VW Turbo Beetle

I never thought I would be writing a letter like this about a Volkswagen, how very disappointing. I bought my first new VW Beetle 5 speed in 1999 from Lithia VW of Reno. I had regular maintenance and a few recalls; I liked the car so much in 2002 I bought a new 2002 Turbo automatic transmission from Lithia VW of Reno, “BIG MISTAKE”. I live 40 minutes away from Reno for service. I have to have someone follow me going and picking up. It has become very costly in gas and sometimes I have had to miss work. This car has only 42,000 miles, less than 9,000 miles a year and has been in for problems more than I can count. I go in every couple of months for some service light that goes on, such as air bag (3 times) within a year, coolant, engine. I have had a new catalytic converter, water pump, alternator, headlight brackets, headlights, temp. sensor, MAF sensor, etc. etc.

I have spent $40,000.00 or more at Lithia VW of Reno on two cars, lifetime oil change, extended warranty. Good thing I bought the extended warranty or I would be broke. I still have had to pay $200.00 deductible plus extra cash for this, that, and the other, it is getting ridiculous. Just today I had to pay $372.00 on the airbag again, what is the use in having an extended warranty if you have to pay more than the deductible every time you take the car in.

I was going to give this car to my 16-year-old daughter but she is a student and couldn’t afford the repairs. I’m wondering that when every service person I talk to says, “these things happen”, that maybe a got a LEMON FROM THE GET GO?

A very unhappy customer on VW performance and service.

Lori Ricketts
    1792 Mathe Drive
    Carson City, NV 89701
    (775) 882-1601
    [email protected]

ann zehnich Oct 07, 2008

The bank is horrible. My step-father received a dividend check from his investment and deposited in good faith. However, when he went to use his ATM card it would not work. We went in and inquired about not being able to use his account. Well, they couldn't help that day due to "the block was put on today and the full information is not available yet". Today, my step-father goes down to the bank and was told that he can no longer do business with the bank due to the check that he deposited was fradulent. What in the world? He doesn't have a history of fraud and he is an elderly man. The worst part is he just received a loan for a home and cannot purchase it because the loan is approved to be deposited in a Bank of America Bank only. AAAGGGHHH!!!

I have also had bad experience with them. They allowed electronic checks to be cashed against my account with the wrong name and address on it. How much obvious of a fraud is that and all they did was credit my account and told me to contact the company doing this. Sickening.

I hope no one else has to go throught this mess.

unauthorized withdrawal of funds from my checking account

On the 15th of February, I logged on to my Bank of America (hereafter referred to as BoA) net account to verify my payment for the month. Funds are automatically withdrawn on the 17th of each month for a predetermined amount. BoA was having some sort of "We Love Our Customers" promotion (Valentines Day?) and offered a one-time deal of paying just $15.00 for the February billing period. I "signed-up" made the proper changes, authorized it and that was that. Move ahead to February 26. I go to my bank to make a deposit and discover, to my horror, that I have only $13.00 in my account: my balance should have been $940.00. Coincidentally I get my latest statement from BoA that afternoon. Instead of billing me $15.00 for February, they have billed me TWICE for $300.00 ($600.00 total) and then on 02/19 they bill me again for $327.00, apparently for the March bill (which isn't due until 03/17). I call customer service right away and although I'm assured, after 45 minutes, that I will get the initial $600.00 back, I am told that this probably happened due to "Operator Error"... ie, it was my fault (!) I make a second call the next day when I learned of the $327.00 taken on the 19th. And while the guy ultimately agreed that I was owed the money, this twit actually had the nerve to come right out and say that it was my fault. When I asked for a letter from BoA explaining what had occurred so that I could present it to my other creditors when I was late for any payment, I got a flat out "NO". Flash ahead to Monday, 03/05. I receive a check for $327.00. I call BoA and ask where the other $600.00 is. The CA tells me that she sees a request for the funds, but that it has not yet been authorized. Today: 03/07. I call Customer Satisfaction w/ BoA. I inquire, once again, as to the status of the $600.00 . This person proceeds to tell me that there is no refund coming, that $300.00 was used to pay last month's bill, and the other $300.00 is for this months bill, again due 03/17. In disgust I finally said, "here's the deal, you folks send me my $600.00 AND a letter of apology, or you won't see another payment from me. Let's see...$600.00 versus $11,000.00 in an unsecured loan. YOU FIGURE IT OUT".

• Ly
    Lydia Johnson Wingo May 24, 2007

I don't know anything about this transaction that was done to my account and I don't know what the 49.95 was for anyway...

• Tr
    Tracey Strong Jun 07, 2007

I was supposed to have money drawn out on the 8th of June out of my checking for my house payment and bank of america took the money out on the 5th of June and i had a check bounce thanks to them and had 50.00 in bad fees to pay out and now they are giving me the run around and is refusing to pay me my 50.00 back. I turned them into the bbb and the ftc, i hope it helps.

• Yk
    YK Kim Sep 14, 2007

BOA changed my checking account type without my knowlege and start charging account fee. When I contacted customer service regarding the fee, they simply said that the fee free checking account is not available and I have to paid the fee.
    Here is another incident.
    I deposited $15,500 with american express travellers check using ATM. when I checked my balance after 5 days it did not show up. When I called BoA customer service I was told that it will take half a month until they verify the check since it could be a fake and I can not access my money until they collect money from american express. After 12 years as a royal customer, I was treated like a criminal. I called american express and they told me if the bank called them they could clear the check immediately. I called BoA customer service again to ask them to call the american express but was told that they do not provide those kind of service and can not return my money until it goes through their internal process which takes 15 days and if I write a check before they clear it will be bounced and they going to collect fee for the bounce check.

• Cs
    CS Jul 27, 2008

I closed on a BOA mortgage last year, and just found out they did not send the lender closing instructions to the title company for 2 more business days and they changed some of my forms that I signed on at closing. I had Dept. of Insurance investigate and $98, 000 was taken out of my escrow account closing. I closed my accounts so they cannot get money out of them but the money was missing and spent on something else. I was told I was getting a Fannie Mae loan which I find out I do not have. Do not take complaints through Executive Office in NC or OCC because it is worthless. Write to your State agencies. They will help.

• Pd
    P-Dawg Jun 03, 2010

I have a debt with BOA and I'm working with Counsel for Debt Solutions on this matter. I contacted BOA back in April and advised them of this situation and I also told BOA that they are not authorized to withdraw any funds from my account. All was well last month (May) and BOA did as expected. Today, when I checked my account, I noticed the BOA had processed an automatic payment for $570 without my permission. This equates to a financial hardship for me this month. My bank, Frost Bank, has filed a complaint on my behalf, but that will take at least 30 days to resolve. The simple fact is that BOA took money from my account without my permission, which is theft. Since this was done electonically, this is a federal crime. I'm sure that BOA slips money into the coffers of our elected leaders so I don't expect any help from the federal government, but I would like to make an example of BOA and let everyone know the type of snakes at BOA. They have stole money from me and perhaps from many others even though we, the American public, lent them money to stay solvent.

I ask our government and any public official or prosecutor to take a look at this matter because BOA is stealing from the American public and no one is holding them accoutable. Think of it this way, if I was to take money from you, you'd call the police and I'd be arrested. We need to call the "police" on BOA and have them arrested.

If you're with me on this, let's work together to end the reign of terror by BOA.

balance transfer fee scam

I recently applied for a Bank of America credit card. The offer that was mailed to me specifically stated...

late fee rip-off!

This complaint is against Countrywide Home Loans. Countrywide posts there payments late to intentionally...

illegal charges!

I had a no annual fee credit card from Bank of America, but I haven't been using it since 2001. I have not received any new cards to be activated, and no mail or phone calls of any kind related to my credit card account from Bank of America since 2001. My balance was $0 every month in 2002, $0 every month in 2003, $0 every month in 2003, $0 every month in 2004, $0 every month in 2005, and $0 every month in 2006 until September, when I was charged an annual fee of $39, and my balance became $39. There have been no statements sent to me, and I have found out about my balance when checking my credit report in February 2007. Not having an active account and no communication with the bank for 5 years, the sudden charge charge is illegal. The bank keeps adding interest every month, so that my balance almost doubles every 2 months. In addition, they reported the account as being delinquent, and damaged my credit scores. I am currently seeking legal action against the bank.

• Ka
    Karl Wolff Feb 26, 2007

I have been using my card for nearly the same amount of time. Only one late payment and that was 3 years ago. Then all of a sudden, my rates went from 0% to %15.99%. Pure, unadulterated usury. And this is after I've been paying more-than-minimum payments and even paying when I was given a "payment holiday" for two months in a row. They need to be stopped. I'm working hard to pay off my card, but their finance charges are making that extremely difficult. I've learned my lesson, now I want to get on with my life.

• Fl
    Florence Nunziata Jul 15, 2007

Unaware that money was drowned out of my account? Why? I would like a refund unless with a reason.

• Ro
    Rosie Aug 21, 2007

I had the same thing happening, my account was closed for almost a year and I was finishing paying off my credit card, they charged me the same amount that you mentioned, I called them and simply told them that my account had been closed since a year and they refunded me. Good luck!

• To
    Tom Smith Jan 28, 2008

Barclays Finance needs people in the usa and canada area that have equity line of credit or e-trade account that will enable our clients customers in the usa and canada area to receive money on their behalf and takes a commision of 10% at each receipt. contact Tom Smith on [email protected] for more details.

• Ca
    Cammeehelen Jul 16, 2009

have you been able to seek legal action I had been sick and had a few emotional problems asked the bank to work with me and not return my check etc because I would at times duplicate pay on line . they said they paid the largest first which ment a cup of coffee cost me 36.00 intstead of1.00 and for 3 years I could not keep up with the additional overdraft charges incurred to pay my bills and was forced into debt management being 68 one day I went to another bRANCH AND THEY asked why I had this account and put me in an access account which I beleive I have more controll over. and they return the checks that are not being paid which helps and alerts me they also showed me ways to limit my debit card but why did it take 3 years I also would like to get in touch with a lawyer

I payed 79 dollars for nothing!

One of their representative sign me up for Card Holder Security Plan I asked her, "You are saying if "you" Become unemployed" If I am not employed then it will not work for me but she said No It will and Mama you have 30 days money back guarantee to review the papers we will send you.

Ok I received that packet after 15 to 20 days. I try to call cardholder security plan on weekend; I came to know I have to call them from Monday through Friday. I just thought if they do not have access for customers for weekends must be 30 days means 30 working days, and on December 18 I was able to talk to a representative I told him! Plan is not what at the day of enrollment she told me at the day I talk to that representative and instead of cancellation, he was willing to convince me I have to give it second thought and I have more days for trail. I hang up. On December 20, I call them again for cancellation. I came to know My ENROLLMENT starts from November 17 and I am calling them after 30 days I asked why they charge me before 30 days answer was because plan starts from 17 of November. charge after 30 days It was about refund and now 30 days passed you are not able to get those 79 dollars back we charge you been fail to call us in given.

In short I pay 79 dollars for nothing that plan was not for me I told that lady I do not have job I do not think this will work for me she told me no in event of divorce we will do this and that you do not pay minimum payments for card just like unemployment. When I review paper work that was not this and I receive that paper work after fourth of December in this case I have only 09 working days to call them but because they count down weekend also and I am tired of that person when I call for cancellation why he urge me to think more they just care about their commission not about customer at all otherwise they have to be available on week ends when We not have college and other things to do and call them.

I am in California and from here when their 10 PM starts ours 8 PM and this time is most busy time for a single MOM. However, who cares.

they lie and I lose $9000.00!

I took a cashiers check made out to me for $9000.00 to my bank of 43 years and asked them to make sure it was good because I thought it could be a phony check. The teller told me it would clear by midnight. I called the next day to make sure it was truly okay. I spoke to a man named David and told him to check this check out again because I still thought it could be phony. He put me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back and said the check was okay. I asked him again would this check ever come back to haunt me and be no good. He again said no it won't. I started spending the money and a few days later the bank sends me a notice that the check was no good and they took $9000.00 dollars out of my account. It took the notice right down to the manager of the bank and he said there was nothing he could do. Call customer solutions. I called them and they told me there was nothing they could do but teach the persons who told me the check was good how to do it correctly. They also said there was nobody else they would give the name of higher up than them so I could plead by case to them. So they lie and I lose $9000.00.

pmi remove problem

I currently pay over 30$ a month for Payment Mortgage Insurance for a home loan that was 80,000 at time of...

duplicate payment sent, not canceled as requested, caused significant overdraft and other returned payments!

Letter from bank of america:

Dear james stewart,

Payee: comcast-burlington
Scheduled payment date: 9/25/06
Amount: $120.00

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your payment to comcast-burlington made through online banking bill pay. This inquiry was already responded to on september 26. We are unable to cancel or change this payment because it has already processed. You may contact your payee directly to obtain a refund of this payment. If there was someone here who had the ability to honor your request we would, however, there is no one who has the capability to do so.

We apologize if this creates an inconvenience.

You are entitled to receive a copy of any document that we relied upon during our investigation and/or processing of your request. To request documents, you can e-mail us anytime and we will send the appropriate documents by u. S. Mail.

Thank you for choosing bank of america. For further assistance, please contact us by e-mail or phone, 800.933.6262, online banking bill pay.

General e-mail

Home phone number:
Contact name:
Contact phone:
Contact date:
Customer message: reverse this duplicate transaction or direct me to someone who can—

*note: for a bill payment you originated through online banking, we have provisionally made the payment on your behalf. You must deposit or transfer sufficient funds into your account by 5:00 p. M. (Eastern time) 1 business day after the date provided above to ensure the payment is completed. If you do not, the payment may be reversed.In either event, a fee may be assessed to your account.

Dear james stewart,

Payee: comcast - burlington
Scheduled payment date: september 25, 2006
Amount: $120

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your payment to comcast - burlington made through online banking bill pay.

We are unable to cancel or change this payment because it has already processed. You may wish to allow time for the payment to post, and then contact your payee to obtain a refund of this payment. You may cancel or edit payment information online, without our assistance, as long as the payment status is "scheduled. " we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

General e-mail

Home phone number:
Contact name:
Contact phone:
Contact date:
Customer message: already debited from my account at $113.00 please cancel duplicate payment which caused an overdraft.

• Ra
    Rah Apr 04, 2007

Ever since MBNA was bought out by Bank of America, my credit card transactions has been a night mare. I am an involuntary victim of their poor customer service.

On Oct 2006, someone cashed a promotional check for $8600 that was mailed to my old address. I called to report a fraudulent transaction and the Rep said that the check was used to pay-off a chase Credit Card balance. I was confused since I also had an account with chase that I had just paid in full. I told her it couldn't be me. Her reply was, You did the same thing a week ago so it must be you. I was furious, put on hold for ever. I tried arguing and asked to be transferred to the Manager. They finally found out it was a different chase account that belonged to somebody else. Had it not been to that stupid thief who left fingerprints all over the place, I was liable for their own clumsy service. Before the fraud happened, I was on a zero% promo which was taken away when this happened. I now call every month to get credit for the Fin charges which should be cleared at once. I can't wait to pay it off and Close my account with them.

• Ha
    Harry Ballzonia Nov 24, 2007

Bank of America’s "overdraft" system is a crafty positive cash-flow scam in my opinion. Here's why I feel this way:

I have two accounts with BofA that I manage using the same Online Access ID (I see and manage both accounts after logging in). One account "A" is where I keep the majority of my funds and the other "B" is from where I write checks, make credit-card purchases (card has a Visa logo), etc.

When I make a CREDIT purchase (not Debit) on a weekday (Monday-Thursday) using "B", I transfer funds from "A" to "B" using www.bankofamerica.com that same night. The snafu is, for my location, I need to make such a transfer BEFORE 10:45pm "cut off" for some unknown-to-me reason, or the funds will NOT hit the account in time to cover the credit transaction. In that scenario, BofA will charge me $35 PER transaction that it now considers in overdraft.

On a side note, their transfer confirmation page does NOT bother to list their server's current time for your records (eg: a print out). I find that equally as frustrating, since you would have NO proof to refute a claim that you did indeed transfer before their "cut off" time.

Why question is WHY would my transfer from "A" to "B" -- two BofA accounts BOTH managed by my one Online Access ID -- not be INSTANTANEOUS? The funds are MINE already (not from a recent deposit), so why not just consider the funds instantly moved when I do an online transfer (even if the physical funds still have to go thru a wire-transfer or similar process the next business day)??

I firmly believe that this is a HUGE money maker for Bank of America; to scam extra cash from their customers who are less fortunate, living paycheck to paycheck thereby keeping a low average balance.

Again I say, if the funds are already in my account "A" and I transfer them online to "B", why is that not immediate REGARDLESS of the transfer time?

I am exploring other banks and their policies at this time.

bank of america is the very worst one to deal with

Bank of america promised me a settlement on my account. The account was mishandled and they never even came...

credit problem

I have a credit score of 748. My credit card statements were lost/mis-directed and I was late on a payment...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices