Banfield Pet Hospital / our black lab puppy died in the hands of a banfield vet!

United States Review updated:

Our puppy (1 year and 4 months) had been a patient of banfield for the last year and we were on the wellness program. We had been very happy up until now. Our puppy was fixed at banfield and then a year later was suffering some stomach problems. I took her severa; times for stomach issues, vomitting, etc. They gave her medicine to take, gave her iv solution for two days and hand fed her for a day and took numerous x-rays (gas was what they saw on the x-rays. Then gave her the barium to see where the blockage was... Found that it didn't go far, so had to do xploratory surgery. Once they got it they called and told us what they found and they were not able to do antyhing at this point, becasue the doc did not feel comfortable doing this intricate of a surgery, but they could sew her back up and we could then transport her to a hopital and surgeon 2 hours away who may be aboe to help her (already costed $3, 000.00) to this point. We did not choose to transport her, what if she would die on the way? So.. they could not do not anything else at this point, but to let her die (or euthanize her). They did not tell of these kind of complications and they were unable to do these kinds of operations before hand. When they took my baby in they assured me that she would be ok. If only I would have known that I would never see my baby alive again. Nor would my kids... We are so very sad and lost without her. We all have a holes in our hearts and lives.

Sa

Comments

• Li
      21st of Nov, 2010

Distemper does not cause hypoglicemia. They did nothing to your dog.