Avis Rent A Carbeware avis mci

Our experience, we are sharing for all our friends, who book thru internet companies.

We rented a premium car from AVIS, MCI (Kansas City International Airport) thru Hotwire.com
When we went to pickup the Car, they didn't give us two choices 2 different types of cadillac,
without any explanation or clarity they gave the papers to sign. We are in a hurry and we believed
AVIS company we initialed, thinking that we are getting the car we booked.

When we returned the car after six days and they gave an additional bill for $240 saying that,
that is for the upgrade and charged on the credit card. We said we never asked for an upgrade and they said we put initial for the upgrade.

Later we get to know from our friends that by hiding and misleading us they make money from the
customers who booked thru internet companies like hotwire, priceline etc.. We complaint about this and
got an as usual "regretting letter" from the manager.

This is a daylight white collar cheating. Don't be cheated with this types
of frauds. Double check and ask before you put initial. Make sure if there is
any additional charges, before you pickup a car.

BEWARE and AVOID AVIS MCI(Kansas City International Airport)

A ripped off customer.

Comments

Jan 04, 2011

I had that happen in Kansas City too. It was awful and the manager is terrible there. He didn't remove the charges becasue my initials were on the contract. Tell everyone you know, MCI are scammers and all of Avis is. This is what they do to make money. They must have low hourly wages and high commissions.

• Be
      Apr 27, 2012

yes avis rips you off its because the management and sales reps make big bucks off the upgrade money. this is how they get their sales commission and they hide it from the customers. their sales reps make a lot of money by doing this and the company makes lots of money. avis are only cheaters and liars watch out for them never trust them at all!

• Ih
      Jul 16, 2012

July 2012 - Avis at KCI did the exact same thing to me. I reserved on Priceline, and when I came to pick up the car, she said "based on your reservation, I recommend a Toyota Camry." No mention of the $20/day upgrade fee. I usually rent from Enterprise, and I don't read the fine print, because they've always been honest. The person at the counter had another person hanging around while I was there - maybe a manager? It's dishonest, deceptive, and bad business. If they don't want to work with Priceline, then don't. Very disappointing.