Avis Car Rental / extra charges without knowledge

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

avis case number: 9826553
I rented a car from AVIS LAX via internet.
I realized that Avis charged some extras from my credit card. I did not want any extra insurance and equipment. At the counter, assistant tried to sell many extra options to me more than 30 minutes. It was so annoying, and I was so bored that I told exactly "I do not want anything else except what I bought from internet. Please just give me my car". Otherwise why would he warn me and ask whether I understood the risk! If he made those extra insurances, he made it without my consent.
I did not suppose that they would add something to contract although I insist not to buy anything else. It took a very long time to try to sell some extra. I just saw the digital signing screen, I trusted to such a worldwide company and just signed (they did not show the contract). Though I did not accept any extra, the assistant should check some of them.
I objected to them (Avis and also priceline.com) to pay the extras back. But they did not interested, and unfortunately I had to pay the extras without my knowledge.
I learned that Avis made the same thing to many others.
Obviously Avis cheats.

Comments

• Ce
      20th of Nov, 2006
    Avis Car Rental - Wheelchair car order problem

I am in a wheelchair and i rented a car from avis on the 19 of oct/06 & when i went to get the car they had nothing for me and no one help me to get another car. They call me the day before to confirm but still did not had the car... i waited like 4hr and then left...and rented from another company.

• 9x
      11th of Nov, 2011
    Avis Car Rental - Never again !
    AVIS Car Rental

Rented AvisCar.Vacat. @ FL. BEACH 3wks.later I get a bill for "interior damage ".Only damage was SAND FROM BCH.RIDICULOUS!NEVER AGAIN !

31st of Jul, 2014

I recently rent an AVIS car through priceline.com and paid in full, from June 24, 2014 and returned onJuly 1st, 2014with a full tanks of gas !Usually when i
    returned the car there was attendants who check out the cars, but this
    time I saw none on the parking, and everyone have to lease their cars
    hope to get back to the airport, Suddenly, today I saw a charged on my credit card of 35.62 $ I called credit card Company to dispute, and Avis response was for the gas !So why I returned the car on July 1st, and 17 days later they decided to charged me on the gasoline ???????? that is totally FRAUD, So the lessons learned here is: Almost all the big rental care are in the shady businesses, they are out to rip off the consumers had a similar FRAUD with HERTZ couple years ago and they back off after the complaints when i filed, No apologized at all ! Very surprised with a big company like that !!!

31st of Jul, 2014

I recently rent an AVIS car through priceline.com and paid in full, from June 24, 2014 and returned on July 1st, 2014with a full tanks of gas !Usually when i
    returned the car there was attendants who check out the cars, but this