Aurora Loan Services / Fraud and cheating!

601 5th AveScottsbluff, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 763-205-6018

I received an insurance claim to repair hail damage on 9/28/07. It was made payable to Aurora because they are the primary lienholder. I received the initial 1/3 draw check for my insurance claim proceeds on 10/12/07; work was subsequently completed on or about 11/1/07. As instructed, I requested an inspection from Aurora to validate the work was complete.

On 11/5, the inspection was completed and filed with Aurora. On 11/13, I called to verify all required notarized Affidavits were received and the inspection work was complete. I was assured the final check would be mailed out within a few business days so I could pay my contractor the balance owed. On 11/19, I spoke to a Claims Rep by the name of Jane. She said a check would be cut on Friday, 11/21.

As of 11/28, I hadn't received a check so I called back. I was assured it would be mailed. I called back on 12/7 and was told that someone would be in touch to follow up. On 12/10, I called again and left a voicemail for Jane. I did not hear back so I requested to speak to a supervisor, Monica Ivy (sp?) on Tuesday, 12/11. She noted that something was entered in wrong which failed to issue the check and that she personally would try to get it overnighted and call me back - she never did.

On 12/17, I spoke to Jane, who assured me the check was cut on 12/17 and 'mailed in a day or two.' On 12/20, I called to see if it had been mailed and was now told again that the check was cut on 12/18 and wouldn't be mailed until 12/21. I had to call back several times to try to reach supervisors, only to leave voicemails. When I spoke to Jane again, she contradicted herself a couple times and gave me misinformation.

Finally, she put me on hold and after a few minutes, her line came back on but she couldn't hear me. I heard her and 3-4 others in her vicinity making fun of my problem and laughing aloud. They also joked that the check should be made payable to them individually instead of me. I had also voiced concern that Aurora Loan Services had recently filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and I was concerned I was not going to receive my remaining proceeds. She was laughing at the bankruptcy comment and they were joking about how she should have answered that question. I listened to these comments for approximately 5 minutes before the line was suspiciously disconnected.

I called the 800# back again to try to speak to someone and was only able to leave a voicemail for Jane (who has yet to return my call). My primary problem is, I do not have the ability to pay my contractor or his workers before the Christmas holiday, which is a huge concern for me. My secondary concern is the level of customer service I have received up to this point. I am soliciting the advice of legal counsel on the matter of customer service, but what other recourse do I have against Aurora? My loan is current, I have never had a late payment. I was told it is 'the law' to make Insurance Proceeds payable to the primary lienholder, but would like to know more about this.
Va

Comments

Ed
  20th of Mar, 2008
My husband & I also had a nightmare time with Aurora for 2 years. Our loan was sold to them by Amerifirst Mortgage a month after we bought our house. We were ripped off all the way around on this deal by Century 21, the homeowner, the title company & Amerifirst. The first thing Aurora did was send us a letter saying we owed the back taxes of the former homeowner of 1, 081.00. Our closing papers stated the yearly taxes were 434.00 & we paid that at closing. Aurora jacked our house payment from 731.00 to 1600.00 & Even if I sent the payments certified 2 weeks ahead, they posted the payment after the late date & charged us a 36.00 late fee. We went to 7 different lawyers & no one would touch it. I had proof on paper & a whole file on how we had been cheated, but at the end of 2 years, we had to re-finance to get out from under them. There was no pre-payment penelty in the contract, but they still charged us 3, 300.00. The lady from the title company at the re-finance saw the name Aurora & stated her son had been going through hell with them. It seems that in Florida, the bad guy always wins. We have lost thousands of dollars & all the parties involved got away with it. I advise anyone doing any kind of business, do not sign anything without a lawyer & do a good background check on who you are dealing with.

Nationstar Mortgage Logo Nationstar Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating

424 Reviews
8950 Cypress Waters Blvd.
Coppell