Aurora Loan Services / Fraud and cheating!

1 601 5th AveScottsbluff, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 763-205-6018

I received an insurance claim to repair hail damage on 9/28/07. It was made payable to Aurora because they are the primary lienholder. I received the initial 1/3 draw check for my insurance claim proceeds on 10/12/07; work was subsequently completed on or about 11/1/07. As instructed, I requested an inspection from Aurora to validate the work was complete.

On 11/5, the inspection was completed and filed with Aurora. On 11/13, I called to verify all required notarized Affidavits were received and the inspection work was complete. I was assured the final check would be mailed out within a few business days so I could pay my contractor the balance owed. On 11/19, I spoke to a Claims Rep by the name of Jane. She said a check would be cut on Friday, 11/21.

As of 11/28, I hadn't received a check so I called back. I was assured it would be mailed. I called back on 12/7 and was told that someone would be in touch to follow up. On 12/10, I called again and left a voicemail for Jane. I did not hear back so I requested to speak to a supervisor, Monica Ivy (sp?) on Tuesday, 12/11. She noted that something was entered in wrong which failed to issue the check and that she personally would try to get it overnighted and call me back - she never did.

On 12/17, I spoke to Jane, who assured me the check was cut on 12/17 and 'mailed in a day or two.' On 12/20, I called to see if it had been mailed and was now told again that the check was cut on 12/18 and wouldn't be mailed until 12/21. I had to call back several times to try to reach supervisors, only to leave voicemails. When I spoke to Jane again, she contradicted herself a couple times and gave me misinformation.

Finally, she put me on hold and after a few minutes, her line came back on but she couldn't hear me. I heard her and 3-4 others in her vicinity making fun of my problem and laughing aloud. They also joked that the check should be made payable to them individually instead of me. I had also voiced concern that Aurora Loan Services had recently filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and I was concerned I was not going to receive my remaining proceeds. She was laughing at the bankruptcy comment and they were joking about how she should have answered that question. I listened to these comments for approximately 5 minutes before the line was suspiciously disconnected.

I called the 800# back again to try to speak to someone and was only able to leave a voicemail for Jane (who has yet to return my call). My primary problem is, I do not have the ability to pay my contractor or his workers before the Christmas holiday, which is a huge concern for me. My secondary concern is the level of customer service I have received up to this point. I am soliciting the advice of legal counsel on the matter of customer service, but what other recourse do I have against Aurora? My loan is current, I have never had a late payment. I was told it is 'the law' to make Insurance Proceeds payable to the primary lienholder, but would like to know more about this.

Va

Comments

• Ed
      20th of Mar, 2008

My husband & I also had a nightmare time with Aurora for 2 years. Our loan was sold to them by Amerifirst Mortgage a month after we bought our house. We were ripped off all the way around on this deal by Century 21, the homeowner, the title company & Amerifirst. The first thing Aurora did was send us a letter saying we owed the back taxes of the former homeowner of 1, 081.00. Our closing papers stated the yearly taxes were 434.00 & we paid that at closing. Aurora jacked our house payment from 731.00 to 1600.00 & Even if I sent the payments certified 2 weeks ahead, they posted the payment after the late date & charged us a 36.00 late fee. We went to 7 different lawyers & no one would touch it. I had proof on paper & a whole file on how we had been cheated, but at the end of 2 years, we had to re-finance to get out from under them. There was no pre-payment penelty in the contract, but they still charged us 3, 300.00. The lady from the title company at the re-finance saw the name Aurora & stated her son had been going through hell with them. It seems that in Florida, the bad guy always wins. We have lost thousands of dollars & all the parties involved got away with it. I advise anyone doing any kind of business, do not sign anything without a lawyer & do a good background check on who you are dealing with.