AT&T Yellow Pages — auto-renew policy
We have been the victims of AT&T Yellow Pages policy to change without notice advertising contracts to auto-renew. We were forced to pay the bill last year. When we talked to our Sales Person about how this happened and why they could publish our ad without consent, he apologized profusely and said it wouldn't happen again. I believed he meant what he said and he would remove us from the auto-renew contract, but it didn't happen. And because we didn't have it in writing, we can't prove that he made that promise over the phone. So we are now having to pay 2 years in a row for advertising we didn't want and didn't authorize. I am told that we have to send a registered letter to AT&T requesting a cancellation. AT&T didn't send US the notice via registered mail. How can this be ethical and legal???
I will submit my complaint to Consumer Affairs as suggested in someone else's complaint. AT&T should not be allowed to take advantage of people in this way. We have no recourse for the billed amounts.
EVERONE NEEDS TO SPEAK UP -- SEND IN YOUR COMPLAINTS SO WE CAN CHANGE THIS!
More AT&T Yellow Pages Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- At&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- At&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T DSL Equipment Rebate - rebate offer is a rip off! 
- At&T - crooks 
- At&T - sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.
- AT&T U - Verse - at&t rewards 
- AT&T - Marina Del Rey Retail Store - no contract wireless phone service