AT&T Wireless / billing, customer service

1 North Wales, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215 699 5286

After a gross overpayment of my monthly wireless aircard fee, I was put through hell trying to get the money returned. After intitiating action their "Trust Dept" (good name huh?) closed the case (CMA) after requiring more info on the payment but never tried to get in touch with me to request the info. I opened another "CMA" to proceed and got shoddy customer service, one service rep (Kathryn Berman) told me to fax the info for the Trust Dept. to her and she would take care of it. I found after trying to follow up, she did nothing but leave lie on a pile of papers.
After 5 weeks and no money to pay my bills I incurred a few late charges and AT&T never offered interest for the time the held my money.
Five weeks ago I called to terminate the contract and after explaining it all for the umpteenth time the service manager agreed with me and it was canceled. AT&T continued to carry a balance and just turned it over to a collection agency. I called AT&T customer service just now about it and I'm told by the supervisor the only thing she can do is waive the late fee.
At&T and especially the "Trust Dept" does not care about customer relations. This is not the first time in many years I have had bad customer service and/or trouble with this company, I should have learned my lesson. Stick with Verizon

Comments

• Co
      8th of May, 2009

Another ATT complaint. Before they took over Cingular I never had a problem, however, once ATT took over I started having many dead zones. Most particular and peculiar was as soon as I got near Washington DC and area north of there, I could not make or receive calls on my cell phone. When I got back here to NC I called ATT to complain. The lady asked me to call the next time I got close to the areas that were dead, so I did. They were suppose to track me or something and then connect me to the towers. It did NOT work. The next time I traveled to NJ I went to an ATT store at the Freehold Mall. The person there told me I had to upgrade my phone. I asked what? He said you need a new phone. At that point I just wanted to be able to make my phone contacts so I sprung for a new phone at about $250. I had the phone for about one year and it got wet, so I had to pay another $115, Okay so what. Well when I called the ATT operator to find out why my phone wasn't working she told me to put the SIMI chip in the old phone and it should work. Well, I guess I was dupped by the ATT store because apparently all I needed was a new SIMI chip which should have been given to me for free!