AT&T U - Verse / returning of their equipments

During December 2007, I enjoy their TV and Internet service (less than a month). Due to a personal matter, I canceled this service. But it was the beginning of a nightmare not over yet. I called them several times from January to February or March to return the Hardware provided.

In all of the calls, I was told to wait for THE BOXES that they sent to me to return the equipments. In spite of this, I explained the problem to the customer service employee and I always got the same answer: “don’t worry there was a problem, wait, the boxes were already shipped to your address. The contract service was for $59 and free if I cancelled it before one month of use, but it was actually for $130.45, then I received another one (I don’t remember how much I actually paid) and there was a refund as well. I tried to get rid of the apparatus in their Westport (CT) location, but they didn’t accept them. I lost too much time, money and health by trying to return their equipments. Every call I did lasted about one hour to get the constant answer: “You have to wait for the boxes they were already shipped to their address”. I also sent a letter to one of their addresses: no body answered to it. Because their service worsens my hypertension and my nerves almost exploded, I gave up: no more calls.
Almost at the end of September, I received a new bill from them for $336.40. I called them again. This time I took the name of the customer service employee (Gloria Lopez). I talked to her at 10:35 a.m. in September 29. After showing her the general picture, she apologized; she repeated that the boxes were going to be sent to my address and that the bill was going to be canceled once they get the equipments. Two weeks later on, as always, no boxes arrived to my house, but a letter from Collection Bureau of America.
I called one more time in October 16 at 10:20 a.m. This time Tania Perez repeated the song: “sorry, but maybe there was an inconvenience. The boxes are going to be there from one to two weeks”. My last call was in October 24 (about 11 a.m.), in that time, I talked with Cark Calderon. He repeated the same. I asked him for his/her boss. He gave me the name of Seire Cardona. He added that she was going to call me in one or two days: she has not called yet.
I am tired of this. My heart is sick. I visited a cardiologist and took some tests. Today I decided to take the final choice. I am going to leave the equipments in one their locations in CT. They have been with me for ten months against my desire.
Dealing with AT&T U-VERSE has been the worst nightmare in my life. I care about people and I don’t want them to have the same experience.

Cordially,

Carlos M. Trujillo

Comments

Ro
  5th of Aug, 2009

i also am having problems with then . i to need to return some equipment but i dont know why all of it was included in the prise theQUOTED me which was really a bait a switch i too am sick of thier lies /rudeness/and all out and out shcaming. they told me to go to a ups store and they'll know what to do but i document everything from thecolour of car the person is driving me to location to the colour of walls/hair/people/and so on i will get my word out about this u verse just sorry for the other sevices ATT@T is providing me tyhey too will be cancelled due to them them U -VERSE that is or and i do think a qoute will stand up in court hmmmm lets find out shall we U-VERSE i bet u a penny i win