AT&T U - Verse / at&t u-verse tech never showed up

United States Review updated:

I was interested in having the u-verse with at and t. They had schedule a technician to arrive. They did not. I tried to check my status on line and it was not available. On the day they did not show up, I called at and t. After passing me around several departments, they told me that for some reason, my account was cancelled. They had schedule me for another date one month later. This time they showed up however, they said they could not install the services for a box of some sort is missing.

Attempt #3 came when a rep was going around out building saying that they had install the box needed due to the demand of people. For this attempt, I took a day off. Guess what the technician did not show up again! And when I got a hold of someone they told me that they could not install u-verse for there was a part missing! And check this out, before I could get a hold of someone, I check my status online and it states that my installation date was scheduled for dec. 31, 2036!

I ordered uverse tv back in october. They have been out to install a total of 6 times. Each time it is the same story, the other department did not do what was needed. This company is totally disjointed and has absolutely no regard for their customers. There sales and product offerings are a scam. I would recommend that no one do business with at&t as they can not be trusted and are totally out of control. If I had the opportunity I would divest all service with at&t. This is what happens when a company approaches a monopoly in a particular area. Sound familiar?

Comments

• Af
      30th of May, 2012

I've also had a poor experience with AT&T Uverse. Each person I talked to would say something different, and none of the various department seem to communicate between themselves. After two 45 minute phone calls, they agreed to send out a tech to install internet service. I took the morning off from work, and nobody ever showed up. I'm sending back the equipment and canceling service.