AT&T Residential / poor customer service

CA, United States Review updated:

I have two phone lines and internet with ATT. I need to disconnect my 2nd line and when transferred to that dept, I get a recording that states they are NOT answering and that they are disconnecting my call. I did this 5 times with the same result. Then I called and said I was ordering new service...Guess what??? I was put on with a representative. I advised Jeff, that I wanted to disconnect one of my services and he said hold on let me transfer you to that dept. I advised that I did not want to be transferred as I keep getting disconnected. He said that when there are too many calls holding that it will disconnect you??? The oddest thing is that he thought that was acceptable.
I asked for a Supervisor and his response was “Why" What can they do for you? He said He did not do anything. I advised him that I do not want a Supervisor for him nor for his convenience, but for me as the customer who is irritated with being disconnected, however, his customer service will lead to a complaint. Then he chuckles at me and says to hold on for a Manager. His supervisor or what I believe was simply an hourly employee sitting as a Relief Supervisor came online and said that They could not help me and would need to transfer me even if I get disconnected because they are busy. I advised her, Mary, was they name she gave me, that I wanted her to take my name and Call back number and get it to her internal help desk in the correct department and have them call me back at their earliest convenience since my time is not convenient for them. Then Mary laughed (so now we know where the reps get it from) and said she will transfer me back to Jeff to take my information.

My issue is the following:
1. The system should never hang up on a customer - The Ultimate insult and inconsideration for my time
2. The hourly rep Jeff had a total disregard for my concern of being hung up on by the system
3. Mary the "Supv", also was very rude, short, and began her statement to me as "We can Not Help you"
4. I did not know that AT&T was doing so well that they can afford to laugh at customers and be rude. I am now considering disconnecting my primary line and my internet service with AT&T and going with just my cellular service w/Verizon and Cable for my internet...

Comments

• Ev
      12th of Feb, 2010

this just happened to us too...I STILL can't disconnect my 2nd line and the www.att.com has NO WHERE to disconnect...were you able to get thru somewhere? how? HELP!