AT&T / prepaid cell phone purchase

1 Newport, KY, United States Review updated:

I found an offer on AT&T's website for a prepaid cell phone. I was getting it for my 7 year old grandson. I went through 7 different customer service reps. I kept asking for a supervisor and was told I didn't need to talk to one, they could help me. I first ordered the phone on the website. Because I live in KY and my grandson lives in OH, they cancelled the order because my CC didn't match the address. Second time we ordered through the website, the rep told me my daughter could go to the store close to her and get it. And I could pay with my CC over the phone. My daughter called before going to the store and the manager told her he wouldn't honor the deal of 59.99 that it would be over $100. And he wouldn't take my CC over the phone. I called AT&T customer service and was given the run-a-round by 4 different reps. I was told I'd have to order it on-line, even though it wouldn't give me the sale price. The reps were very rude. I told one lady I would just take my business elsewhere and she said go ahead. I finally found a refurbished phone (by mistake on my part) for the sale price I had seen. I went ahead and ordered it. I did not want to get a refurbished phone. My husband has decided he wants to upgrade his phone but I won't be doing it through AT&T. What happened with helping the customer? I have never been treated so rudely in my life.

Updated by Kathy Poynter, May 11, 2018

Ka
May 11, 2018

Comments

9w
  11th of May, 2018

welcome to at&t where your just a nuisance to them
nothing is ever there fault
they wont help or do anything unless it suits them ( making claims or lies to get you in a contract than those promises some how disappear and they " have no record" of it)
Verizon or T-Mobile are better options