AT&T / internet, phone, direct tv bundle

Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
I responded to an offer that was mailed to me, to get Internet, phone and direct tv from AT&T for a fixed rate of $89.99 a month for two years.

So far after three billings (2 months) I have not recieved a bill anywhere near the $89.99 I signed up for, one bill was over twice that. I went into the local AT&T store and the guy there "corrected" it and told me any future bills would be $86.25, I asked why it wouldn't be $89.99 and he couldn't answer why.
The next bill was almost $100, I called AT&T customer service, they told me it was correct and that the store guy had changed my internet speed slowing it by 60%, I guess thats what he did to bring the bill down to what it should have been. They were also charging me for some cables they shouldn't have so she told me she would take them off the bill, and to just pay $78.26. I payed that $78.26 at the AT&T store the day before it was due.
Now I get a bill for $115.51 it shows a $9 late fee and states there is an unpayed balance, but doesn't elaborate on what that unpayed balance is for.

So far I've spent almost six hours dealing with AT&T customer service reps and still haven't got the deal I signed up for. My internet speed was reduced from the 45mbs I signed up for to 18mbs and they say they can't change it back without a huge jump in cost. And the first time I talked to them a week after I signed up they said it would cost me over $600 cancel the 2 year contract. I guess I'll have to file a case with the FTC against them.

They're now offering the same deal but with faster internet, 50mbs, for $25 less. You would think if they could offer it that much cheaper they could honour their previous offers.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM AT&T !!
Be
May 24, 2017

Comments

Ar
  9th of Jun, 2017
The same thing happen to me. I was told a price of $89.99 a month and it was supposed to be locked in for 2 years. My bill has gone up $10.00 a month. So I call At&t and was told they can't help what other customer service people tell you. I was going to get rid of my land line phone, but "oliver" told me if I bundled my internet, Direct TV, & Phone I would be locked in for 2 years. They LIE to get you to sign up and then you get the run around when you call them! Let me know if you get any results because I was told that was going to be my bill and if I cancel, it was quite a high cancellation fee!!

AT&T Logo AT&T