Att / Getmyrewards. Att.com / rewards offered by sales representative

1 Vacaville, CA, United States Review updated:

I recently spoke with an att customer service agent RE upgrading my internet service and local long distance residential home phone to the att U-Verse.

I was offered (att) free installation for cable internet and home phone as we used Comcast for digital cable.

I was told we would receive a lot more digital channels on all of our tvs instead of the Comcast package that we get the digital on demand on the main tv and the rest would get limited channels and not the on demand feature.

I thought what a great deal for all three services in one less expensive bill with free installation.

Upon the completion of the set up and appt for this installation I was informed I would receive for my recent upgrade and change a cash back reward (visa gift card ) as another thank you for being a att customer.

I was told I would receive 250.00 cash back Visa card and would expect to receive a flyer in the mail for this gift offer.

I just received the flyer in the mail and having a terrible time trying to access the site (getmyrewards.att.com)

Finally after going in to so many websites complaining about the att offer, I now know I too am very disappointed with att and their fraudulent offer.

When I first called att to install the internet high speed through DSL (which I still have to return to att and pay for the shipping and handling costs to return since I upgraded) I was also told about the rewards gift for getting high speed internet installed and told the reward would be 250.00 gift card and they would send the information by mail so look out for it and make sure to log in and register to claim this gift.

Well somehow I was able to actually find this website but the offer that I qualified for was for only a 50.00 Visa gift card 200.00 less than the rep. had told me.

Is this common practice to lie to the consumer to sell a product/service?

I would think with all the complaints (I see many more complaints) we would be able to do something about this and file formally.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if we can resolve this issue?

Summer Wion
summerwion@att.net

Sw

Comments

10th of Sep, 2009

Go to att.com to find the rewards link. It's lisited under "Rewards Center"

• Ou
      11th of Sep, 2009

ditto, i was told i was getting 125.00 and yet to be able to get on the darn website for my now 75.00 rebate, yeah very disappointed too.

18th of Sep, 2009

I feel that At@t needs to apologize To their customers. They have misled us to believe that we would at some point get money back, but have made it very difficult. When you have a good service to offer, why is it necessary to lie to us? I am very disappointed.

• Na
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I also was lied to by the AT&T sales person on the phone "just to get the sale*. I ordered the triple bundle because my comcast bill was going sky high. I was getting the Direct TV with my triple bundle and the landline service and the DSL. When Direct TV got to my house they told me they are seperate contractors from AT&T and that ATT basically promised me the moon just to get the sale. They upgraded me because I told them what ATT promised me, I told them I am on a fixed income and that I switched because I can't afford the price of Comcast anymore. Why would I switch to pay the same thing?? Direct TV was great working with me. BUT ATT I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN. THEY SHOULD NOT GET AWAY WITH FALSE ADVERTISING, I WILL BE WRITING MICHIGAN'S STATE'S ATTOURNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE ABOUT THIS. Even on my landline it still is not right, and I can't get to my refund they promised me either.

• Je
      5th of Oct, 2009

same has happened to me.I found the website just fine and was disgusted to find the fraudelent offer i was offered to accept at&t service. iwas promised $250.00 to find that it was actually $50.00. I was scammed along with thousands of other at&t customers,

• Tj
      20th of Dec, 2009

I also was promised $250 but only got $150. Also can't find the web site at all.