AT&T DirectV / directv

1 Grass Valley, CA, United States

One year ago an ATT sales person told me the package I wanted to order Mas Ultra would cost $55 a month on a 2 year contract. I compared the package to one offered by Dish, and the sales rep told me told me again...$55 a month for two years. She must have said "$55" 4-5 time during our conversation.

I just received the first bill after one year and the price jumped up to $164! The new bill doubled the $55 package to $111 and added on NFL Sunday Ticket for a total of $164.

I was shocked! First, why are they trying to bill me for the NFL service I never requested, and why was my $55 a month double up to $110? The account representative with ATT said, "that is what I agreed to" when I signed up. Not true. I was repeatedly told it was $55. "That's it" said the sales rep.

Worse yet, now ATT wants to charge me $220 to drop my service. Dish TV has comparable service with a guaranteed 2 year price about 1/2 the price of DirectTV. I am waiting for a return call from ATT corporate to process my complaint with it.

Bo