AT&T / idiots

Phone: 800 454 2227

To whom it may concern
Re: 2 issues 1 collection 1 unable to pay account # at&t [protected] 9 and unknown account @ 640 santa barbara st. . Under jacquelynne
In july 2009 I contacted at&t to let them know I was moving from san jose ca. And wanted to keep my email address but was unsure of if and when our new house @ 1026 acaciawood ct. Would be closed so I asked them to put the account on hold. They asked for a forwarding address for the final bill and I used my wife’s work address @.In august we received a new modem from at&t. I called them and as usual after a 48 minute hold I was told that I would not be charged for the modem until my account was set up at my new location.
On 11/7 the house closed and I authorized them to install dsl only as we do not use a home phone.
They came in and installed the internet service and within 2 hours it was down. They sent out a technician a few days later and he said he fixed the problem. Again it stopped working and when I called to say that it was probably the modem I was told that I only had a 90 day warranty and I was stuck with it even though it was never installed until november and I had not ordered it. The technician came out again and finally fixed the problem but it is very slow. On 11/19 I received a bill and went to my normal account online with at&t and paid the bill of $19.95 per month. I did the same in december as well. On 1/23/2010 I received my ebill flag this messageyour at&t paperless bill is ready to view and print saturday, january 23, 2010 2:50 pm from: this sender is domainkeys verified
"at&t account manager"
Then on 1/27 and email with the header at&t: get $6 in bill credits and a last chance at $10k
. When I went to the at&t website it would not allow me to log in. I emailed them for help with no response. I spoke with rose @ at&t who stated she could not help me or take a payment that I would have to talk to tech support. When I spoke with a different rose with tech support she stated I would have to wait for an email response which as of 2/08/2010 I have not received. I have called them repeatedly to no avail so I am still unable to pay my $19.95 bill even though I have emailed them 5 times with no response. If you click on “email us” http://www06. Sbc.com / and http://www.Sbc.com/contact_us are non working url’s also they were kind enough to send me these emails on 12/28 and on 1/25 with the header at&t: get $6 in bill credits and a last chance at $10k, but I am already signed up and getting online bills I just can’t log in.
Now the good part: on 2/08/2010 I received a call from a collection agency phone #:[protected] stating I owed $278 for an account I had not paid the bill on @ 640 santa barbara. After looking up the address I found this house was and is still for sale and I have no idea where they came up with this address. I do not own this house I do not live there and I have never been there. I was threatened today by a collection agent from india and told I owed the bill on the house which I never have even been to. When I talked to at&t they also said they had no record of that but were of course no help what so ever.
At this point I demand this record for the santa barbara address be removed from my credit and I demand that at&t fix all of their errors.
For your convenience a copy of this letter has been forwarded the ftc, fcc, consumer affairs, the public utilities commission and all local bbb and local chamber of commerce.
Refund received, still no credit on the modem and I still cannot view account online so they take autopay of $!9.95 per month for internet. Everything else from them was canceled.

Comments

• Ha
      21st of Dec, 2010
    AT&T - phone repair and internet service

This is the second time in less than four weeks that my phone has been down. The first time, it was both the phone and internet, and it took three days before they were repaired. My phone has been down again since Friday, Dec.17. I got a recording that said it would be repaired on Dec.21. I have been without a phone service for four days now. My bills do not reflect the special phone/high speed offer I signed up for in Sept. I was supposed to be charged $14.95 for each. My bills from Oct and Nov have been $145 and $165. I was charged for an international call on Nov 11 that I did not make. I cannot talk to a human agent about my problems. All I get is phone recordings. I am disgusted. Perusek