Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

cant find the website

I too signed up for dsl and they said after I signed up a check for 50.00 would be in the mail, plus where do...

fraudlent charges

On the same week, I noticed a debit from my checking account from Vesta AT&T. Then I checked my other checking account and the same charge was there as well. How can this happen???

• Ro
    ROSA COYLE Sep 25, 2011

let me tell you all righht now i am not going to be ripped off because some nut has to have money you all have already taken money out of myn checking account and how you done it i don, t know ..i have never had a go phone before and nwever will now, it is wrong in waht you all are doing to people, it is fraud and you are not going to use me in your dirty little scheme..you all put my money back in the ba nk before i go to s.s. and you can count on the law.my money had better go back in the bank.i will never have a go phone. now i want my money back i really don, t know how you all done this but you had better get it strighten out.

ROSA E.COYLE
    AND THAT IS ALL YOU GET.

have not received my $50.00 rebate

My dsl was actived on 6/3/08. When i call the reward center.I 'm told that there is no rebate for me...

reward cash back

Per request,

I am requesting the status of my of my reward rebate. All information requested on behalf of at&t consumer services; dept. #cpn07n2032230707c, p. O. Box 1250, milan, il [protected] has been mailed and/or sent. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advanced.

Mrs. Karen s. Jackson

• Mi
    mike d. Mar 03, 2009

you ###ing people are nothing more than low-life ###. 60 dollars a month for a piece of ### laptop connect card that does not cut it . it loses signal way to often for no reason . 3-4-5- bars does not matter it is a total ###ing rippoff and you people should be ashamed of yourselfs i will not be renewing any contracts with you ###ing ### . at&t is a totally dispicable company . and i hope you go out of businessreal soon because you suck...

cancellation scams?

Once you sign-up for an sbcglobal.net, just try and cancel it! Wait on the phone for hours. Get hung up on. Get transferred. I highly suggest that nobody ever obtain an email address from this company and pay for it. Good luck if you ever wish to cancel it. You'll get transferred to India and they will cut you off!

charged me for a modem I didn't purchase and will not return my money

They need to stop ripping people off & give me the money they owe me & countless others. I think a cla...

rebate

I signed up for new service with AT&T on 09/03/08 and was told because I "was a valued new customer", I was eligible for a $100.00 cash back rebate that I would need to redeem online at www.att.com/rewardcenter. This link does not exist and when I call into AT&T, I get no resolution, only that "they" will look into it.

This is false advertising, deceptive and bad business.

• Pa
    Patrick McKiernan Sep 29, 2008

I switched my internet service to At&T DSL and was to receive a rebate. they now tell me that they could not verify that I have the DSL service, not sure how that is when they are charging me for the service. Also, I changed to dish network from cable and submitted rebate papers as required and they claim they never received the documents. I did not get them back in the mail and can only assume they lost the documents. In short they have denied $375.00 in rebates promised at sign up.

• Wi
    William Tahata Oct 09, 2008

I mailed in for my rebate for my AT&T REWARDS as I opted for my high speed 2TDSL, which I am using now. To this date I haven't received anything. Could you please check as I posted this request on July 28, 2008, which has been more than 2 months ago. Thank you.

William Tahata
    2110 W. 176 St
    Torrance, CA. 90504

• Ba
    bajaskier Oct 10, 2008

The complaintsboard.com website does not do any checking. It's simply a place to post complaints. Contact tyour local Better Business Bureau.

• Pa
    Pamela Baker Oct 14, 2008

I have been trying to get my rebate of 79.99 since June 2008. After multiple calls to ATT, waiting on hold, being transfered from dept. to dept. and getting disconnected I have still to date not received it. My last communication was I should receive it in about a week... we'll see. I would not recomend ATT to my worst enemy and if I had it to do all over again I would not. My lesson learned is to never agree to any type of service with ATT where a rebate of any kind is offered.

• Vi
    VICKIE Nov 06, 2008

I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON A PHONE TO UPGRADE. MY PHONE QUITS RINGING AND THEY SEND ME A REFURBISHED PHONE. THAT ONE GOES BAD AND NOW I'M ON MY FIFTH PHONE THAT IS STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY. THEY WON'T SEND ME ANYMORE PHONES AND THAT'S THE END OF IT. I DIDN'T ORIGINALLY BUY A REFURBISHED PHONE WHY DO THEY SEND MY REPLACEMENT THAT WAY?????
    ATT CINCULAR IS BAD NEWS...

• Su
    Suzanne Denno Jan 31, 2009

I supposedly was mailed my rebate for the purchase of a new cell phone on December 12. I followed up on email, but after not receiving it I call the phone number listed. They said it was in fact mailed and I should receive it in 3 weeks. Well, as of today, I still have not received it. Is this a scam or what? Am I allowed to deduct the rebate amount from my next cell phone payment?

• Ba
    Barbara Ybarra Oct 07, 2009

I was told if I orderd internet servce from At&t I would recieve a 50 dollar visa gift card..I never receved it and now thay are saying I was to apply for this..Well if I have service through them they should automaticaly send my rebate. Now thay are saying tha my rebate has expired.Could you help me to obtain it?

• Tr
    Tracy77 May 25, 2010

I moved and had to turn off my AT&T home phone/internet service. I just realized that the rebate check they had sent me to offset the cost of my modem is expired. I called to request that they reissue the check - this is money owed to me.

I was informed that "since [I am] no longer a customer with AT&T, those funds are no longer available." We're oh so sorry, we're keeping your 50 bucks.

Excuse me??

pricing is not what it seems to be

I bought an AT&T Prepaid phone card at Walmart, that said 1, 000 minutes in large numbers for $40.00 and discovered, as I used it that I did not actually have 1, 000 minutes. On back of the card, in small print, it gives the actual rates for instate calls, which was, for Florida, 5 minutes for every minute used. Some other states varied from actual time to 8 minutes per one minute call. As far as I am concerned that is fraudulent. It should not have stated 1, 000 minutes, but rather the true amount of minutes on front of the card. I am very disappointed that Walmart would be caught up in such a scam. I have been a customer since they first opened in Boca Raton quite a few years ago. This is definitely a turn off. I'll probably start taking my business to Super Target, which is just about as close to my home as Walmart is.

• Sh
    sherman Oct 29, 2008

I have a store selling at & t prepaid pin number,
    now there are 3 customers complaint that the pin nuber can not been refill, so I called the CS and wait over 20 minutes, and then, they just refuse to provide me any informations due to ### security reason. and finally, i refund back to the customers, and lost that $75.

I questioned that, who can access the pin number, ?

I think At & T sell 1 prepiad pin number to more than 1 customers, they are trying to cheat their customers.

did not use service-hasn't refunded

I received disc to install AT&T internet. When I called to register, AT&T rep said windows 98 wasn't...

customer service dept.

Att Uverse Bundle was offered to us..Sept. 5th, 08. We where scheduled for hookup on Sep. 20th. Had to reschedule. Next available date was Oct. 4th, 08. No problem..until ATT unhooked our phone line on Sept. 22nd. We called our current phone company "Charter". They said, Att took our phone number in their control. I called ATT, they said, yes we did, , and we are sorry for the mistake. After several calls and minutes to hours later on my limited cell phone, ATT agreed to come out Sept. 29th, 08. Between 8a-10a, I called they said, they would now be out between 10a-12p. I called them at 2pm..they said to be patient..a service agent would still be out today...(needless to say, I spent my whole Saturday...waiting.) I called them back at 8pm, the representative, said " well obviously Ms. the office is closed now, they won't be out tonite." Monday now is here...I'm desperately trying to get some info...and real true to our account. I got some information thru working with the neighborhood, who also had ATT problems, and a few of them, had a local sales rep. number and a U-Verse manager's number out of Lansing. They to, just blew smoke up my ###. It's now Saturday Oct. 4th...waiting on ATT because the ATT manager said, I promise our tech. will be out between 10a-12p. Well, you guessed, a no show. We are now getting new service with Charter..sometimes cheaper isn't always better. ATT SUCKS...

• Mr
    MR. MRS. RODRIGUEZ Oct 25, 2008

ATT U-VERSE IS STILL A PROBLEM. EVER SINCE I HAVE RECEIVED THE SERVICES FROM ATT U-VERSE I HAVE HAD 3 TECHS. AT MY HOUSE PLUS A FIELD MANAGER AND I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM AT MY HOUSE. I AM PARTIALLY PARALIZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. I MISSED 2 APPOINTMENTS WITH MY DOCTOR BECAUSE ATT DID NOT KEEP THERE APPT ON TIME . I SUFFER WITH PERMANENT CRONIC PAIN. AND NOW JUST YESTERDAY EVERYTHING WAS DOWN FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS.!!! I HAVE BEEN WITH ATT FOR MANY YEARS, I EVEN HAD MY FAMILY, FRIENDS USE ATT BUT IF SOMEONE DOES EVEN NOT CALL ME ABOUT THIS I WILL CHANGE AND EVERY ONE I KNOW. SO ATT PLEASE CALL ME. MR. J. RODRIGUEZ

• Am
    Amit Khurana Nov 10, 2008

I had bought a Go phone last month and had activated the same on 13th October 2008, I got the phone + gophone card of 50$ value with 10$ bonus for the activations in that period. Eventually i got a nice deal with 60$ time.

After I recharged the phone, I started noticing the problems while speaking on the refurbished Nokia 2610. It was a bad instrument as I was not able to hear the other person clearly on this phone ; and since here you usually buy the phone + connection together, by the time i realised the phone was bad i consumed 1.5$. To cover up for the business I spoke to Sprint mobile and ordered a new connection, as AT&T's poor connection causes me a loss in my business.

I was pretty sure that this money was to be returned by AT&T (barring the 1.5$ which i had consumed so far); I called up customer care and they spoke so redely to me and said that the talktime cannot be returned.

Reason why i had to go through the pain of ordering a new connection is due to the phone which was promoted by AT&T and evenually I could not use my talktime with this phone. Please suggest as I am searching for the appropriate consumer forum to help me here.
    All I paid was 40$ plus 3 $ taxes and I want this 43$ back., because of this bad instrument or whatever reason (may be the TA&T) connection at Arizona; I have still not been able to use the talktime which is valid till 11th January 2009.

I am raising this concern with other consumer forums as well,
    All i want is my basic money to be returned.

My AT&T no is : 480-399-5642
    Order Number: 5257093798

Thanks
    Amit Khurana

• Wi
    Willie Darrett Nov 19, 2008

I'm having the same probelms, but more... Had a 8-10am appt. no call, I called, they said someone will be coming that day. Finally at 3:30pm tech came to install the U-verse. That evening I notice that only one phone line in my home worked. I call and set-up an appointment for the next day at 11:00am, you guest it, a no-show, call three more times that day and finally was given another appointment for the very next day at 6-9pm, another no-show, was given another appointment for the next day 6-9pm... ANOTHER NO-SHOW. Some one needs to be fired and unemployed...

rebate reward

I was inform after installation of my telephone service & internet service I would receive a rebate. wa...

terrible service

If you are considering att uverse, you may want to think about one of their competitors... Unless you enjoy...

customer service

***** STAY AWAY FROM AT&T DSL, The customer service is completely useless *****
I've just got of the phone with DSL customer service for the 8th time in 5 weeks (over 8 hours, with over 6 hours just on hold). After trying to get DSL installed, and finally (after 4 weeks) getting a DSL signal, I could not do the final log in (Error: ATM Link not found).

AT&T then installed, de-installed, re-installed, and de-installed my service. Then without notice cancelled the service. After I called this last time, they state DSL is not available (even though the DSL modem indicated I had a 4MB download speed, and a 640K upload speed).

The call in customer service for DSL is worthless. Average wait time to get to the first customer service rep if 5-10 minutes, then if you need to talk to Tech Support (normally always) the average wait time is 40-50 minutes. Even when you get through, they can't solve anything, and will just transfer you back to the main customer service line, or leave you on hold forever.

My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM AT&T DSL AT ALL COSTS (unless you like being on customer support forever!).

• Le
    Leslie Lyons May 25, 2011

Contacted AT&T today about service interruption. The customer support rep told me that I would need to pay the past due balance was $76 and then they would be able to restore services. After going and making an $80 deposit I called them back on the direct line to the department that the rep works. I was then advised that they could not restore services for the $76, instead I would need to pay $135. Come on AT&T! I know that you are a large company and it is hard for everyone to get on the same page but where is the line drawn? When do you hold your reps accountable for what they advise customers? Valued customer? That is definitely not what I felt like today. Instead I felt like someone you guys could do with or without. I guess that is the truth of it. After all I'm just one account of many, right?

• Fl
    FLAPAULG Jun 04, 2011

Get ready to receive a bill in the mail. I went through 3 phone numbers to try and get a DSL installed at my house and it took 7 weeks. Each time they gave me a number they said there was a problem and they would close out the account and start a new one. Now I keep getting bills for the other 2 lines that never worked and can not get anyone to help me. It was such a horrible experience and now to add insuld to injury they are billing me for something I never got and when I call and try to talk to someone they tell me my service will be turned off if I do not pay the bills that are in error.

harassment

When I bought my house I had a phone service through Bellsouth. I never had to think about them unless I paid my bill. Everything was great... Until they sold out to AT&T.

I have my internet and cable through COMCAST because when I bought the house DSL was not available in my neighborhood so I switched over to Cable connectivity. But I left my phone through Bellsouth. When AT&T took over Bellsouth they obviously took note that I didn't have their wonderful bundle scam and they could offer DSL so I became a target if you will. Calling myself their target sounds ludicrous as it should... who ever heard of a long standing popular company targeting people? I hadn't. Here's what transpired in the course of a year.

The phone calls began. I was kind and patient but immediately stated I wasn't interested. A few days later another call, then another... Every call after the first I told them to never consider calling me again. This went on week after week. One day I get a call from AT&T and I am flustered. I asked if they had me on a list and were intentionally tormenting me. I hung up the phone and my doorbell rang. There standign at the door was an AT&T rep asking me how much I paid for my phone, internet and cable service. I began to laugh like a lunatic. And then the next expletives fell from my lady like lips... I said "You've got to be F'n kidding me. You're truly here standing at my door after I have said no every week for the past year? You would dare come to my home to harass me further". You think he would have turned tail and walked off. That fool stood there and started his questions again. I had a newborn in my home so the phone ringing and doorbell were almost unacceptable at one point. Not to mention, they were truly harassing me.

I switched phone providers. And I am on the do not call list. Now that AT&T is not on my services menu..they are not allowed to call me.

And they had better not. I am itching to report them. I've got my guns loaded and waiting. Bring it on AT&T.

• Be
    Betty Beeman Nov 08, 2008

I received a phone call on my cell phone them leaving me a voice mail calling me foul names...I have the phone number of the person who left me the message and i am 99% sure I know the person. Her phone number left on my caller ID on my cell is
    304-374-2371 she lives in New Cumberland Wv what can i do about her?
    Thanks for taking the time to review my email and hope to hear from you soon. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

harassing phone calls

After the customer service rep refused to return my calls about overbilling and reception dissatisfaction, I...

harassment

On 4/15/08, I moved my office from city in California to a location in another city. To accommodate the move I made the following calls to AT&T.

4/18/08 01:01pm duration of call 00:10:28 number called [protected]

8/01/08 05:38pm duration of call 00:02:41 number called [protected]

8/06/08 02:33pm duration of call 00:23:33 number called [protected]

8/13/08 01:14pm duration of call 00:57:32 number called [protected]

9/02/08 04:47pm duration of call 00:26:08 number called [protected]

The duration of calls made to AT&T were for a total of 5 hours 27 minutes and 21 seconds not counting any calls to AT&T made from my cell phone or home phone.

On 4/18/08, I requested that Business number go to another carrier. The transfer did not take place until 5/03/08. On 7/03, I requested static IP address at my new address to accommodate my server to move from my old address DSL line to my new address on a DSL line. By 07/11/08 (after 3 hours 3 minutes and 24 seconds on the phone) with AT&T, I realized that they were not going to provide me with a static IP address. I told them I was going to seek the services of an alternative company. On 7/14/08, I acquired the services of another company and informed AT&T. On 7/16/08, my server was in place with my new static IP address provided by an alternate company. On 7/24/08 I called AT&T to confirm that I was not on there service and I would never be on there service again. During this period ‘customer service’ informed me on at least five occasions that only a supervisor could resolve my issues and none were available to speak to me but would call me within two days. No supervisor ever called and has not called to date. I, to the best of my ability, informed the customer service personnel that were willing to talk to me that my telephone service is from an alternative company and not from AT&T. To date AT&T is still harassing me with the claim that I have service with them.

I have contacted the California Public Utilities commission, KCRA - Call3, and posted my concerns on a number of internet blogs to attempt to resolve the issue. To date the issue is still unresolved.

• Valerie Sep 05, 2008

I was in Vietnam from July 6th-July 22nd. I arrived at the hotel and the last I saw of my phone was just after I arrived at the hotel. I remember putting it in my bag in the hotel room. I had no reason to look for the phone during my stay as I had no intention to use it. Instead I used Skype etc. for my calls.

On July 22nd, I was packing and noticed my phone was not there. I thought there could be a possibility it could be deep in the over packed luggage so I decided to wait until the next day when I got home.

On the 23rd, I went to an Apple Store and purchased and iPhone and told them to cancel my previous phone. The clerk said there was no problem. Then I discovered that there were charges during the period my phone was missing. I tried to explain my circumstances to the agent. She was extremely rude and accusatory. She kept me and my friend on hold for over 30 minutes.

I re-contacted AT&T several times. Finally I was called by Ms. Barbara G. in the payment disputes area. She said that the charge would be over $2000. She understood the problem and reviewed my entire account history: the phone bill was always exactly the same every month. I paid with auto-pay and was never late. I had never called with international roaming ever in the history of the account, which was previously singular except for last May when I had the international calling plan for that purpose. Aside from that, I made ZERO international calls, ZERO data transfers etc. when I was abroad. In fact, I had been explicitly told I could NOT call internationally until the international roaming had been activated from the US. Ms. G. worked for 3-4 hours on the problem.

She called and said that the issue had been taken care of, but that the bill had not come up yet, so the charges would appear but then be waved. I asked her if she was sure that the issue was resolved. She said, "I will pay it myself if it is not...I am that sure". She said that certain people "did not get it" - people were making claims like, "But he was using the phone July 23rd" - Yes, indeed I was, that was the period I restarted my phone and there was no dispute with that.

On August 7th(?) I called AT&T on the billing date to make sure everything was ok. The agent said that the regular charge of $108 had appeared but not the disputed charges. He said MS. G. had done everything right. He asked if I wanted to disable autopay to avoid the disputed charges from being debited if they should occur. I said that I'd wait and check the next month. Basically, I had no dispute with the charges to the time I left LAX on July 4th and after July 23rd when I got the new iPhone.

In the last days of August, I checked my account statement, it was now $3500. Again, my account has been pretty much exactly the same amount - previously $35 etc. every month. I called customer service. They acted like they were hearing all of this for the first time. When I referred to Ms. G., the new person said, "These notes are not that clear..." After being kept on hold 30+ minutes several times, I was told another high level review would occur.

I mentioned that Ms. G. had taken very extensive notes and assured me all was taken care of. They made me go through the whole issue again. Each time I call, the agent reads a different version of what was written - so the disputed period starts on July 6th? July 8th? All of the extensive notes taken by Ms. G. and all of the hours spent were wasted.

It took one week for them to call me back. I was told that the claim was denied. I asked why. First, the agent said because I did not report the phone missing. I explained to her that I did not know the phone was missing as I did not plan to use it in Vietnam, I had no reason to take it out. She then said that allegedly there was a phone charge made on July 11th which had been made on another statement. I went through the charges on that date point by point, she could not point out the disputed charge to me. Then she claimed there was a text message sent that was sent in previous months. I said I would check out what this was.

I asked the agent why the claim was denied without calling me. The agent said, "Well it was denied, maybe that's why..." The agent apologized and said the issue would be reviewed again. I paid the portion of my bill that was not disputed.

Several minutes later I checked out the issue of the text message. They were all of the series 101-010. These text messages are from AT&T itself and are sent when certain emails are received. I had several alerts set up so when the person in Vietnam began using my phone, this text message indeed came in. It was automated from my email account. This same text message also came in this month and almost every month. Thus, when the person who stole my phone started talking, a text message was sent to the phone. It was still automated and this same automated text message occurred that month and almost every month for that reason.

I called back AT&T and asked the agent to note this in my record. She kept me on hold for a very long time, said she didn't know what to do. I asked for a supervisor. He at least listened and wrote down my explanation regarding the incoming text message.

I was also told by Ms G. that I could contact her if there was a problem but assured me all was fine. But when I did call and asked for her, I was told by numerous people, "I can't contact her directly, I can only send an email..." Other agents have said, "I can't contact her.." So someone has been lying to me.

I am extremely upset about this issue because

1) Ms G. spent 3-4 hours on it and assured me in no uncertain terms the situation was ok and told me I could contact her if there were problems

2) I pointed out there was never any irregularity in my account ever. It was always exactly the same amount and paid by auto-pay every month. I never called internationally or had international roaming on the phone ever except for last May when I called from Mexico using the international calling plan.

3) I have to re-explain the whole case each time I call, everyone ignoring the previous comments made. The dates that I have disputed change each time, showing the sloppy state of their record keeping

4) The disputed charges did not appear in the next billing period but in the one after that

5) The person denied my claim on the flimsiest of reasons - a call that allegedly was made and appeared in other statements - they cannot tell me which call that is when I look at the online statement. The text messages that came in were from AT&T itself. But the person reviewing my case did not bother to take this into account

6) I have no certainty that the charges will not reappear at any time. I was assured once the problem would be resolved. The charges reappeared. I am unable to contact the people making the decision on the case, they contact me only when a decision has been made. Their record keeping is extremely sloppy and they make assumptions that should have been explained in the extensive notes taken by Ms. G.

The alleged charges are approx $3, 040.00

• Po
    P. One Sep 13, 2008

I also have been charged for international calls that was NEVER made from my phone. When I found out and spoke with AT&T representative, said they couldn't do anything about it and that they would give international rate, but still had to pay even though calls were NOT made by me! I did not want to mess up my credit, so unfortunately paid the bill. Shortly thereafter, I had international calling restricted on my account, but in May, August, and again in September 2008, there again are international calls being charged on my account. I have written numerous letters regarding these charges, and still have not received a response from my last correspondence! I will be happy when my contract ends at the end of this month and will be able to end my account!

• Ho
    Hollis TV Inc Oct 01, 2008

AT&T has been harrassing us here at the shop for over a year. We get approximately 3 calls per week. Every time we tell them to remove our number, they "comply" but mention that the call lists are all different since AT&T owns several branches of marketing, advertising, phones, cell networks, and other businesses.

At this point, I no longer care what kind of businesses they own, nor do I want anything to do with any of them.

They have cornered the market on harrassment and it has to stop!!!

This has also happened to most of our individual employees as well as our business!!!

• Do
    Donnie Wishard Nov 25, 2008

I had an even better issue. I signed up and activated the Mexico calling plan. I was told that I had to pay $4.95 per month pro-rated, and my rate would be $0.49 a minute whilst I was on this plan. I told them I was going to call back and cancel when I got home, as I do not call Mexico, and just wanted the cheaper rates while I was on my trip. They said no problem, but I would have to make sure that my regular international plan was re-activated so that I could make other international calls. No problem. When I returned, I called in to cancel, and I was told that I had to wait 60 days, or else my calls would be rated at the regular rate, as the Mexico service was not active. So to be straight, I paid for Mexico service, made calls during the period it was active, and I am not charged at the rate that was active when I made the calls. SO BEWARE, it will cost you $4.95 x 2 or roughly $10 to have Mexico plan, and they do not tell you this. I do not see how this could hold up if the issue is pushed...

• Mad as Well Oct 31, 2010

AT&T needs to be broken up again. It "should" become socialized like all essential services. Defense, education, health, and communication/transportation. They over charge...do a horrible job of supplying service and are the rudest most arrogant people I have ever dealt with. Because they missed two scheduled service calls to my house, with no notification or apology...I called and complained about it. The next night as I was sleeping, the phone rang and they asked me if I wanted service! Is this blatant harassment, or is it just "stupid is as stupid does"? Either way, this pathetic excuse for a business needs to be broken up, now! I am strongly leaning towards legal action along with probably millions of other people for their humiliating treatment of their clients and their inferior service and products! Anyone know a good lawyer?

website/unfair pratices

My exwife who has mental issues and bipolar called just to change my business ad from bold to regular type and to have them omit address from listing and after talking to her for about 10 minutes started talking about things she didn't understand and talked her into agreeing to a 1 year contract for my company(which she isn't authorized to do).She ended up with 2 website ads and owing an extra $138.00 per month instead of the $25.00 yellowpage ad she called about.
When I called to complain and told them of her medical condition and that she STILL doesn't know what is going on due to her condition I was told they would not remove the website ad even though it hasn't started yet!
Avoid AT&T they take advantage of the ill and weak and all they are concerned about is money and not you as a customer!

• Be
    Beth Nov 12, 2008

I have had similar problems with AT&T Yellow Pages. I work for a small doctors office and we get calls all the time from phone book company's confirming our information. I received such a call, or so I thought, the sales person spoke very little English and had a thick accent. I was very busy and wasn't paying much attention and agreed to what they were saying like I do with everyone else. They transferred me to another sales rep who spoke better English but spoke quickly. Again I agreed, not paying attention. Two weeks later I received a bill for almost $500.00!!! I called to cancel the order that I didn't realize I had made, and they told me that they could not cancel the order because it had already gone to print and that I had agreed to a two year contract with them, which I don't have authorization to do! So I threatened to go to the CT state Attorney General, and they are going to be putting me through to a customer service manager "within a few days". Hopefully they will resolve this problem for me. But beware!!! They will trick you!!!

• Ye
    yellowpagesexpert Dec 15, 2008

Did you actually read what you wrote?

" I was very busy and wasn't paying much attention and agreed to what they were saying like I do with everyone else. They transferred me to another sales rep who spoke better English but spoke quickly. Again I agreed, not paying attention."

You always agree? Why would you do that?

Your doctor is so cheap that he does not have a marketing advisor for his business? I bet he's got an attorney and accountant!

He should not have his receptionist/office manager make marketing decisions or you need a huge raise.

He should pay this bill for being so cheap in how he runs his practice.

As a yellow pages industry expert, I think he is stuck with the bill.

I do have a possible option but I doubt your doctor would pay for a media consultant/claim advocate.

Bottom line is that this was not the yellow pages fault. Your complaint should be toward the doctor and putting marketing decisions in your lap.

Hope you do get your resolution.

• Ye
    yellowpagesexpert Dec 15, 2008

For Gator Productions-

You ex-wife was skilled enough to make changes but not increase the ad?

She cannot be the authorizing agent for one and not the other. How silly is that?

You took advantage of her to try and pawn off some task that you thought was menial but was actually vital to your business. Now who should you be mad at?

You should pay her bill for making her do something you were too lazy to do.

• Te
    Terri Lynn Jun 01, 2009

I have the same probelm, I ended with an add I told them I did not want because I couldn't afford it. They had a second person call me a few days later and this person continued to just hound away at me. I still said no and yet 6 months later I get a bill for advertising that I didn't want nor can I afford. They never told me I was under contract and now It can't be broken?! Very unprofessional and bullying as far as I'm concerned. I do not have extra money to pay for this and yet I will be forced to let something else go every month. I can barely afford my electric bill!

• Jc
    jcdfde5 Sep 18, 2009

I agreed to a PLL advertisement and signed the contract only to find out that it was not available. Yellow pages downgraded my account and placed me under 30 other contractors. No one returns my telephone calls and it has been a horrible experience. If you are considering advertising steer clear of att / yellow pages. Im making it my personal mission to tell as many people as possible and post as many places as I can.

If anyone can help with any information please contact me [email protected]

at&t worldnet dsl is not at&t dsl

Called AT&T Worldnet DSL service as DSL stopped working. Was told DSL didn't exist on my number, even though provisioned 1/30/04 till 9/08 and charged on my credit card.

AT&T DSL migrated me from AT&T Worldnet to AT&T Yahoo/Verizon without approval or request.

Latonia @ [protected] (pick option #3) and ask for Exec Offices of DSL, was told to roll a truck to get this resolved by 5 pm after 2 weeks of support calls or my 27 years of client relationship with AT&T for all services, residential, business, DSL and cellular would migrate to the competition.

AT&T cannot resolve this issue, charging back 4 years of DSL service and filing suit.

service

The worst decision I have made in years was to change over from Dish Network through ATT to the bundle of...

rebate scam

Lets see. I signed up for U-Verse back in July and it was installed 8/2/2008. I thought I was getting some...