AT&T / be wary

This is one of those outrageous early termination fee compaints. Had $15.99 internet scheduled in July for one year. I lived in Indiana until that May of 2006, at which time I moved to Ohio. Since AT&T did not cover Ohio I had to terminate my service 4 months early of the contract. So of course they sent me a $200.00 early termination fee bill. Do the math and you might realize something doesn't add up. For 4 months at $16.00 there would only have been a bill of $64.00. I figured this was fishy enough to pass on to everyone to BE WARY with AT&T/YAHOO (Formerly SBC/YAHOO)!!! Crooked, Crooked, Crooked.

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of Jun, 2007
    AT&T - No rebate received!

I ordered high speed internet through AOL and they informed me I would get a rebate for the modem. That was Prior to Dec 06. I never received modem so I called and then I received it, and then received another one. I returned the second one. I have had quite a time getting ATT to remove the charge for the second modem. Finally this month, June, they removed the charge. I have been waiting for the refund and called several times to the rebate center. I now have been told that it is on hold as I got a rebate on the ATT bill. THAT WAS JUST FOR THE SECOND MODEM.

I want my rebate...

• Da
      28th of Dec, 2007

I am also getting the run around from AT&T while trying to get a $50 equipment rebate. I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T for false advertisement and fraudulent marketing practices. Are you interested in joining the fight??

19th of May, 2008

At&t confused my DSL and phone billing over and over. I spent hours on hours talking with automated phone systems and service representives who were always very nice always promised the problem was fixed, however it never was. They turned off my service twice, over billed and charged extra to port an old number to my new home number. Then turned me off a week after I called and got a confirmation that my account was cleared of their mistakes and my account was good as gold. They closed my account and said they were sorry, but i would need to open a new account? After that I told them I was going to clearwire, because of their mistakes. Then, they stopped responding to my emails. Who can I contact to protest such horrible service?

• Ga
      27th of Feb, 2017

I'm sick of At&t--a totally ridiculous company!! I had to wait on the phone for almost an hour to try to settle my billing problems. They transfer you to separate people for phone-the internet-direct tv. I don't understand why they don't offer service that can help you with every question, instead of making the customer wait forever to get help. We are ditching them as soon as we can find a better company to go with. HORRIBLE customer service-I've been with them since they were Southwestern Bell over 30 years. My direct tv bill has over doubled what I was first paying--I'm so done with them.

• Pa
      14th of Aug, 2018
    AT&T - Change in programing
    Internet

The ATT Chat process is a total waste of time. I have tried 4 times to use it to adjust my TV programming, have received apologies, promises, and then nothing, every time.

And their phone customer service is not much better. Long, drawn out, "promising", but again, no results. How do they stay in business? P. A. Daniel

• Ke
      28th of Aug, 2018
    AT&T - sales
    ATT.com

We just switched service from Verizon to ATT. We are attempting to get new phones. What a hassle! They want us to go to an ATT store. The nearest store is 2.5 hr drive from us. We even talked to a supervisor with no results! We are no considering returning to Verizon, who has excellent customer service!

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2018
    AT&T - store in camdenton missouri
    Camdenton
    Missouri

AMI manager is always with drugged or drunk eyes. STAFF are very slow and unprofessional. TERRIBLE store and staff

• Ca
      4th of Sep, 2018
    AT&T - unauthorized charge
    Hot Springs
    Arkansas

On November 20 2017 VESTA withdrew $49.94 from my checking account. This charge was never authorized. I would like to know how this charge can be reversed and my $49.94 put back into my account.

• Ro
      6th of Sep, 2018
    AT&T - Direct TV Billing
    New York
    New York

I have been charged for 4 extra receivers for the past 5 years and I am having trouble getting reimbursed. I keep getting the run a round when I try to access call and speak to someone in billing. The monthly amount is $7 per each receiver = $28 for 5 years totals $1680. I need to be reimbursed for these extra charges
    Robin Milim

• Su
      18th of Sep, 2018
    ATT - vesta att
    rock island illnois

Did not make this charge, want my money back thank you susandaulton711@yahoo.com 309 203 2840.I would like to know how you can put charges on my Master Card without my permission.

19th of Sep, 2018
    AT&T - wireless
    Grant
    Michigan

I recently signed up for wireless service. It's been 5 months and the service is 1 bar 4g maybe 2 at best. Is it possible to cancel my contract without a penalty because od the poor service.

• Ca
      19th of Sep, 2018
    AT&T - double charges and terrible customer service
    Turlock
    California

Charged me double for cell service, spoke to 4 representatives and none of them could give me a reason why??