AT&T / be wary

This is one of those outrageous early termination fee compaints. Had $15.99 internet scheduled in July for one year. I lived in Indiana until that May of 2006, at which time I moved to Ohio. Since AT&T did not cover Ohio I had to terminate my service 4 months early of the contract. So of course they sent me a $200.00 early termination fee bill. Do the math and you might realize something doesn't add up. For 4 months at $16.00 there would only have been a bill of $64.00. I figured this was fishy enough to pass on to everyone to BE WARY with AT&T/YAHOO (Formerly SBC/YAHOO)!!! Crooked, Crooked, Crooked.

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of Jun, 2007
    AT&T - No rebate received!

I ordered high speed internet through AOL and they informed me I would get a rebate for the modem. That was Prior to Dec 06. I never received modem so I called and then I received it, and then received another one. I returned the second one. I have had quite a time getting ATT to remove the charge for the second modem. Finally this month, June, they removed the charge. I have been waiting for the refund and called several times to the rebate center. I now have been told that it is on hold as I got a rebate on the ATT bill. THAT WAS JUST FOR THE SECOND MODEM.

I want my rebate...

• Da
      28th of Dec, 2007

I am also getting the run around from AT&T while trying to get a $50 equipment rebate. I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T for false advertisement and fraudulent marketing practices. Are you interested in joining the fight??

19th of May, 2008

At&t confused my DSL and phone billing over and over. I spent hours on hours talking with automated phone systems and service representives who were always very nice always promised the problem was fixed, however it never was. They turned off my service twice, over billed and charged extra to port an old number to my new home number. Then turned me off a week after I called and got a confirmation that my account was cleared of their mistakes and my account was good as gold. They closed my account and said they were sorry, but i would need to open a new account? After that I told them I was going to clearwire, because of their mistakes. Then, they stopped responding to my emails. Who can I contact to protest such horrible service?

• Ga
      27th of Feb, 2017

I'm sick of At&t--a totally ridiculous company!! I had to wait on the phone for almost an hour to try to settle my billing problems. They transfer you to separate people for phone-the internet-direct tv. I don't understand why they don't offer service that can help you with every question, instead of making the customer wait forever to get help. We are ditching them as soon as we can find a better company to go with. HORRIBLE customer service-I've been with them since they were Southwestern Bell over 30 years. My direct tv bill has over doubled what I was first paying--I'm so done with them.