At&t Advertisingadvertising fraud

I entered a one year contract with AT&T Advertising for a prominent listing in Yellowpages.com and AT&T didn't get our listing operating for almost a year. When I refused to continue paying for nothing they turned over the past due amount for collection and also refused to let me renew my advertising in the phone books as they renewed because I had a past due amount from the internet even though I had paid for all the books. But the really horrific thing that they have done now is to renew the online advertising without my permission and won't cancel it.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Newville, PAIt is ironic that the online advertising which is worthless they renew it even though they have put my account in collection and the books which I need and always paid them for they won't let me renew. I think there is enough victims of this type of activity to start a class action against them to seek justice for all the little people that this giant has trampled under foot. Also every one pray that they receive just like they are giving out and there destruction will come upon them soon. I feel like AT&T is using all there power to destroy my business. I am opened to suggestions.

Comments

•   Dec 05, 2008

Hello I agree with you, I sold advertising for Yellow Pages for over 20 years... There is an alternative to directory advertising, visit www.GREENis thenewYELLOW.com to find out more!

• Mi
      Jun 03, 2009

I was employed there, to. It was also the most horrible experience of my life..I could never intimidate prospects, and force them into a 3, 000-5, 000 a year advertising package. I would be ashamed to say that I work for AT&T Yellow Pages. Eventually, they are going to be in the hot seat for their bad business practices..GOOD riddance

• Ri
      Oct 16, 2009

AT&T is still doing business deceptively. There is a small clause in your one year contract that states you have to cancel in writing or they renew you. Telling the sales agents that hound you that you do not want to renew doesn't matter. They will renew you whether you are in collections or not. If anyone knows of a class action suit that has started, please post it, I'll join. Also, if anyone has worked for AT&T and has information about when they began this shady business of hiding automatic renewals in fine print that is never mentioned or discussed during negotiations, please post it. My guess is there was a meeting that said they can get more revenue when sales went down by adding this borderline fraud scam.

• Su
      Oct 20, 2009
    AT&T ADVERTISING - SCAMS
    AT&T ADVERTISING
    258 SOUHTHALL LANE
    Maitland
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

AT&T ADVERTISING IS A BUNCH OF SCAMERS.
    THEY HAVE ALTERS DOCUMENTS AND ARE TRYING TO SCAM US INTO PAYING FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF THEIR BOGUS ADVERTISING.
    (THAT WE DID NOT GET ONE LEAD FROM)

THESE PEOPLE ARE AMAZING, AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! TRY WORKING AND STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

• Su

At&t Advertising - unauthorized ad
    Quality Trophies
    Athens
    Georgia

On Jan 21, 2017 I received an advertising bill from AT&T advertising. In previous years, I had subscribed to the yellow pages. This year I decided not to advertise. No contact was made by me to AT&T nor did AT&T contact me. I am listed in the new book and Deidra, an AT&T rep, told me that they had mailed me a form to opt out of the book. I never received this form and told her that if it were that important, they should have sent it certified. Past years have required a signature to approve the ad, this year they claim just the opposite. I am refusing to pay the bill as I did not authorize.

• Ka
      May 01, 2010
    At&t Advertising - contracts
    AT&T advertising
    mt pleasant
    South Carolina

AT&T advertising makes it nearly impossible to cancel your advertising contract. You can't reach anyone by phone...I have send a registered letter and asked for a response to no avail. Businesses are closing and /or don't have the funds for advertising and At&T just wants their money. For the last 7 years a person has physically met with me to get a signature for my ad..last year I did not want an ad and did not contact them...they had an 'automatic renewal clause' in their orginal contract so they ran my ad, Had to pay it or they ruin your credit. This year I sent registered mail. I will take them to court...any takers???

• Km
      May 12, 2010

I had something very similar happen to my business. First of all we did not even order any advertising, secondly the ad never appeared. We were charged $685 for the first month and a monthly fee of $185.50. This has been going on for months. My bill is now up to $2017 because I refuse to pay the advertising charges because every time I call they say it is taken off. I walked into my business last week and they have disrupted my internet service. I have been paying my phone and internet bill but refuse to pay the advertising because no one authorized it. I have spoken with AT&t once a month for several months and I am always promised the same thing. It will come off the bill in one to two billing cycles. I am at my wit's end. What can I do? If there is a class action lawsuit, I would love to know about it.

May 12, 2010

We are having the same problem with AT & T Advertising Solutions. They posted our internet advertisement after we had made several (over ten) attempts to contact them and cancel. Not only does the company refuse to cancel our account, they have put it up without giving us the full range of services we were to have. AND they put up incorrect information -- so not only are they charging us for something we do not want but no one can find us due to our address being incorrect!

• Br
      May 25, 2010

Wow!! All of the comments are exactly what is going on with me now. I was very unhappy with their service and told my salesperson Chris that I wasnt extending my ad. until things were fixed and he failed to tell me that I would be automatically extended another year if I didnt write something and send it in to cancel. How does AT&T get away with the scam? Why hasnt someone shut them down? This is worse than a pick pocket. I am canceling my internet and phone service and all advertising with them now. I will never, ever, do business with these thieves again. Some of your posts were right on. That is almost word for word what I was told. This is such a scam. DO NOT USE AT&T THEY ARE SETTING YOU UP. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!! LISTEN TO US!!!

• Co
      Jun 15, 2010

Ive been duped to. Ive already sent a complaint to the BBB, maybe will do the Attorney General as well.

Any other suggestions?

• Ca
      Nov 03, 2010

I have had a year long battle with At&T advertising, and still no where near being resolved. First and for most last year at renewal time I spoke with our sales rep about many changes I wanted to make. The changes were to remove several of the areas we were listed under and add us under some new listings. Then also the internet was to be removed b/c I wasn't even aware how we signed up for the internet advertising. Then to top that off, our company name was not even listed correctly, they had it listed under my personal name. None of the changes were made!!! I have sent letters to cancellation dept. no response, talked to customer service reps and gotten no where, when I have spoken with one. And now our company is being threatened to either go to court or a collection agency for not paying the bill. Why would they expect us to pay for advertising that didn't benefit our company in any way. We have been a customer of At&T for many years and very disappointed to have gotten this type of treatment.

• Gr
      Nov 30, 2010

I own a small buisness in San Antoinio Tx in 2017 my leads cost me an average of 300. each in a industry where 50.$ is average. I ask my rep to remove me from the book for 2017 and they came back to me with a pay by call program 47.00 a call. guess what? its not what I recieved and they gave me the same bad deal I had the year before. Now Im having to spend countless hours fighting these Thieves. If anyone can give me advice or refer me to an lawyer who has delt with this please contact me at [protected]@msn.com I to am leaving all At&t accounts. There is no doubt at this point this is no accident

• Sc
      Dec 01, 2010

Have you tried to call their claims dept or a manager (I guess that is what it is called) since your not getting what you paid for? Several years ago we made several changes to our ad and when the book came out nothing had been changed and the saleswoman who we had spoken to about the changes was no longer working for AT&T so the offered a it at half price. I know not getting the name of the business right is a very big deal. You could file a complaint with the BBB too or maybe a class action suit would be the way to go.
    If you oked it with a voice verified contract make sure you listen to it at least 20 times over several days or weeks because you may catch something that was agreed upon that wins your case.

• Sc
      Dec 01, 2010

Don't Ya'll think it is ironic that here we are having done business with AT&T who STARTED PHONE SERVICE OVER 100 YEARS AGO and a phone call IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CANCEL YOUR AD IT MUST BE A CERTIFIED LETTER with return receipt requested so you know they got it. I sent two certified letters etc. one to a main office and the other to the salesperson at their business address that one came back, but it's not my problem if they refused it because I have my receipt that I sent it.

• Jm
      Dec 03, 2010

I have never dealt with such deceptive and unresponsive incompetent organization in my life. AT&T Advertising failed to deliver as promise and refuses to perform simple customer service such as explaining why I am being billed for certain charges. They refuse to call back, follow-up or answer questions. I have tried for several months to get my bill resolved to no avail. I just want out. I even agreed to pay the remaining months of my contract for the Yellow Pages that was published. They agreed and I later learned they reneged on the agreement. I will retain a lawyer to fight their collections attempts. I will join in any class action lawsuit and can be reached at [protected]@jmackagency.com

• Ju
      Dec 14, 2010

I am having the same issues as well. I can't believe I'm being treated this way. Apparently I am being sent to a collections agency. What can be done? Other businesses need to know AT&T is doing this!

• At
      Dec 30, 2010

I wish to god i found this board before getting roped into a year long nightmare. I was enrolled in a guaranteed advertiser program with a guarantee of 129 calls a month and was informed i would get a credit for the calls i havent recieved. then they said its credited every 3 months. now its the 5th month and they still refuse to even acknowledge that im in the program, all they say is they will open a ticket for it but that has been going on for 5 months now. the last 5 months of using the advertising has been more stress than my other 16 years in business. someone please get a lawsuit going. I wish i knew how to do it myself!

• Ex
      Feb 10, 2011

I used to be a sales rep for 5 years and year by year the company got worse. Thank God I was finally laid off. You can lay the blame of all of this on the leadership. They know how bad the product is and how bad the support is for their product but they keep browbeating the reps to sell more. And they set up an extra team to go behind the sales reps and resell/oversell the customers. That team is the "cyber rep" team. Stay away from at&t advertising.

• Le
      May 18, 2011

Over the past ten years I have paid AT&T over $150, 000.00 for advertising. I am now cancelling. In my opinion, they are unethical and borderline fraudulent. The "automatic renewal" clause should be outlawed by each state's legislature. They also screwed up my online web page link by linking my ad with a company in another state that was .net rather than .com. I filed a claim and was only offered peanuts to remedy their error. The automatic renewal is the straw that broke the camels back. With print advertising becoming a thing of the past anyway, they picked a perfect time to make me mad. I will also be changing my cell phone service when it comes up for renewal. I have already changed my land line service.

• Ab
      Sep 23, 2011
    At&t Advertising - am being sued for unpaid debt
    Texas

i am a mother of two kids, i am unemployed. i got a website and decided if i am going to stay to take care of my babies i nee to try and make some money. i can't afford babysiting, i listed free listing on yellow page and the next day i got a call from at&t advertising company to upgrade my listing to paying listing, i told the agent that i don' t have money to pay. he said there is a free 3 month trial in my area that i will have the option of canceling within three month. but after some days at he called me back that the three month listing is expired . i told him to cancel that i don't want to owed. but he keep calling me back(harassing me) trying to convince me that he guarantee i will make money on my website to pay my bills and i believed him . before i know it i received my first bill which freaked me out. and i called the agent again that cancel the account i want to make sure i can pay this bill off. he keep saying i should give it more time it early. again next bill arrive not one single sale or signups o n my sites and i can't afford to pay anything. i believe the sales man was just trying to make a sale without considering anyone which is unfair and wrong.now at&t is sueing me for the unpaid bills. how are my surpose to pay that. i can bareley eat or take care of my rent .i am being harass right now. am not happy. i am always careful never want to owe money but i fell for the lies of bad business partner. am shock they will do this . i have nothing to give. am flat broke. even i called them to try to explain i have no job and they still are suing me. i have contacted a lawyer but the fee is too low am trying to find a probono lawyer. they should not be offering this kind of service. it unfair and wrong. i have to file a complain to better business bureau.

• Sm
      Oct 26, 2011

This is a real SCAM!!! I recently just opened up a small business and this is my first one. A lady that she claims she is from AT&T advertising solutions set me up for a promotional program. She never mentioned that it was a contract. She deceived me. I am paying $450 a month for an advertisement that do not give any returns. I asked to cancel my contract but she says there is no way to cancel out. I asked if I can pay a pre-termination fee just to opt out but still she says there is no such a pre-termination fee. I canceled the debit card that they use to suck my hard-earned money. They call me many times and threatens to bring me to collection agencies. They sent me bill one time which I sent a check just to finish it. After 1 week the check has cleared, somebody called me again thrice just in one day and asking me for another payment and for me to give them a new credit card info. I said I want to pay by check and not by card anymore but the lady told me that I cannot change the payment method plus I don't have any grace period allowed to be late on payments. I called the lady who came to my office who set up my account but I cannot reach her and did not call me ever. These people are thieves and scammers. And I wonder why another group of people are calling me saying they are from yellow pages, and collecting money from me. Why will I be charge by yellow pages if I pay it through AT&T which they claim they are the advertising arm of yellow pages. Do not be fool by this. Anybody can contact me to help or to join me in filing a lawsuit against this scam. My e-mail ad [protected]@yahoo.com

• Vl
      Jun 28, 2012

I have had their online advertising for 3 years now. I tried canceling in the fall of 2017 and was told I needed to wait. So I called on March 1, 2017 and my rep said I could not cancel until June and he can upgrade my advertising etc. So I agreed. I called June 6, 2017 and was told I signed by voice verification a year long contract back in March. I spoke with a supervisor who was going to get back with me and let me listen to my recording of agreeing for another year. A week goes by he never called. I left messages and none returned. I called this morning 6/28/12 to be told I owe $500.00 to end my advertising and have to send a certified letter. I listened to the voice verification and the sales rep had said in the beginning this is for July 2017. Which either I did not catch or did not understand that it meant another year beginning July 1, 2017. So there is nothing I can do to stop this. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will NEVER do business with AT&T again.

• Ri
      Jun 24, 2013

I am being sued by at&t and unfortunally happen same thing as all of you, I could never file a cancelation for my advertisement, I called many times so now they are taking me to court, I really need help please let me know if any of you did something against this bad company who is really bringing down small business