AT&T / absolutely awful customer service

1 Spring Hill, United States Review updated:

I have been a loyal AT&T customer for many years. I added a phone to my account for my wife over three years ago. This September, I added two more phones to my account for family members on the AT&T next program. I pay my bill every single month. In June, I checked the account on the MyAT&T app and saw that one of the phones was missing. I called AT&T and was told that the phone was ported out. I was upset about this and the representative that I spoke with said that there was nothing to worry about and that there are no charges to me for this phone number or the phone. With that understanding, I thought that everything was settled. I got my bill and the full retail cost of the phone was charged to my account and automatically withdrawn from my bank account. I called AT&T upon seeing this and was transferred from department to department because nobody could seem to figure out what they were doing. I finally got to a Monique G in the Retention department who told me that I would need to speak with the global fraud department regarding the issue. I called the Fraud department and they told me that it isn't their problem and that I would need to speak with the Port-out department (the second department that I spoke with in this whole circus). I called back as I couldn't wait on hold for the 15+ minutes that it would take for someone to answer my phone call to, undoubtedly, transfer me to someone else just to be told that it isn't their problem either.

I called back tonight and was told that I need to speak with the Retention department. The first person that I spoke with was very empathetic and apologetic. She was trying to find ways to resolve the issue and I told them that, as I know that it isn't necessarily their fault either that all of this happened, the number was ported out of MY ACCOUNT without my permission and I just want the number to be ported back into the account and I will continue paying the installment plan though I have no access to the phone. The first person that I spoke with told me that it could be ported back in but that, as my service had been disconnected at this point, I would have to wait for the charge to be reversed before my phone could be turned back on. I asked her if I could speak with a supervisor that might be able to make it happen sooner. She got a supervisor on the phone with me that did not have one empathetic bone in her body. She, from the beginning, made me feel like I was the *** of the earth and said that I only have one option: pay for the phone. I tried to bring up other options for resolution and she kept telling me that my only option was to pay for the phone. Then she told me that I tied up their phones for too long. I explained to her that a majority of the time was me being on hold. Then she hung up on me. I called back and they were closed.

I urge any person, if you are thinking about doing ANY business with AT&T, don't do it! They don't stand by their word, actions, promises, or product.

Pn
Aug 4, 2015

Comments

• Li
      25th of Jun, 2011
    AT&T - Internet Support
    AT&T
    Macon

My internet was out for 3 days. Each time I called an automated system would give me a different TIME that the internet would be available. Finally after the 3rd change in date/time, I called to speak with someone. I was told the update was complete and there was an additional issue with my internet. When I got home the next day, I did finally get internet, however I was unable to connect wireless-ly to my modem. When I called...I was on the phone for nearly an hour (57 mins). Finally I was told it was an issue on my end and that I needed to Reload the Drivers for my Windows. I thought this odd, so I called my friend/IT Guru, he got up, got dress, drove to my house and fixed the issue in less than 37 minutes and charged me only $20 - Technically I think AT & T should pay for this, since it wasn't "MY" Issue. This is the exact reason I Discontinued my COX internet, because every time there was an issue, it was always on my end, never theirs! I am disappointed in AT & T - :-( - Also be aware if your bill changes, even by a small amount, always be sure and call - I almost monthly go through a billing issue - but that seems to be any company's billing - guess you just have to get used to it.