AT & T / online cell phone purchase

On 5/11/2018 I purchased a Iphone X from the online site. They shipped the phone and shipped a label to return my Iphone 6s. I followed the instructions on what to do to the phone to clear it and put it in the box that my new phone came in as instructed, put the label on the box and put it in the mail. After 3 weeks I get a text that they dont have it. I call the number in the text and tell them that I mailed it. They said why would you mail it. I said because it came with a USPS label. They said well they should have sent you a UPS label, and I stated that they did not. They then stated that it could take 6 weeks to get it back but no to worry. On 6/25/18 I received another text and now I am being charged 150.00. Hmm. I call the number listed Spoke with James (DC2888) he had me on the phone for over an hour telling me I should have never sent it back via the mail. I dont understand you send me the label to ship the phone to you but I shouldnt have sent it. I ask for a supervisor and they get angry and I hold more. A supervisor calls me back 3 hours later it is as if she is reading from a card. Do you have the tracking number? I stated what tracking number you sent me a label and I shipped it back. She says oh no you were supposed to go to the post office if they sent you a USPS label. I advised her that there was not anything in the instructions about that. I think she asked me at a minimum of 8 times what the tracking number is? Are you kidding I asked? I have told you there is no number on the label that AT&T Provided. She went round and round with the same information to me and stated that I should call the post office to find the package and I advised her that the post office will no nothing its like sending a letter they have no info on it. After being an AT&T Customer for 20 plus years I dont understand why what you do becomes now my problem? I need some help please. I of course asked to speak with someone else but she stated she is the only one who can help me and that all I can do is call the post office.

Tr
Jun 26, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      26th of Jun, 2018

that's at&t for you nothing is ever there fault
    lets review shall we
    you got a new phone, sent in older phone that they sent you with a "label" to return it ( must be your fault)
    you return said phone as instructed ( oh wait still your fault)
    they than play there game of " we don't have it" " should of been ups" dog ate it blah blah
    really?
    personally I would go to T-Mobile or Verizon
    how can you be responsible for returning the phone as they instructed ?
    how are you responsible for its delivery? you suppose to walk and live with it till it arrives at the destination? really?
    run background checks and all that on any and all people who handle it by the post office or however it is shipped?
    little obnoxious but you get the idea on how sad they are