Aspen Dental Managementovercharging - east greenbush, ny 12061

I made an appointment Dec 3 2018 for a cleaning. got there had xrays, mouth scan, dentist checked teeth thought it necessary to replace 2 composite fillings, and pocket measurements were done. Brought out to front to sit with billing girls. No cleaning today, was not told this before hand. I was handed a print out that totaled over 1900.00. Mind you I have dental insurance which covers a cleaning in full, xrays in full and pays 70% of fillings. They said i needed a deep periodontal cleaning, had some gel crap antibiotic etc. Mind you I have no problems with my teeth. Have probably 3 fillings total and am 60 years old. Told the gal i was not paying that. The bill was ridiculous. She said ok let me take off the gels and the toothbrush and see what we can come up with.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Rensselaer, NY TOOTHBRUSH? apparently they added on a $135.00 oral B with out my consent. She refigures and says ok $900.00. i replied my insurance pays 100 % of cleaning and xrays and 70% of fillings so why is it 900.00. She says they dont cover a periodontal cleaning. So i told her i want a regular cleaning and the two fillings (they were charging me $72.00 for each filling after the 70%). We cannot do that we recommend a periodontal cleaning so if we dont do that it would be undertreating you! So basically they refused to treat me at all unless i agreed to the $900.00 estimate.I thought under consumer rights we have the RIGHT to refuse any treatment! left went to another dentist who looked at the printout and said that's not bad i have seen these as high as $10, 000. and yet these people are still in business.