Aspen Dental / hidden cost-
Like many others, Aspen was the only game in town under my insurance. I don't have the best teeth and needed some basic fillings,
and a tooth extraction. The dentist was ok, did a fair job. The oral surgeon worked on me like he was pulling nails from a 2x4. Very rough and visibly impatient.
My problem was with hygienist. After the cleaning I was presented with the usual stuff, including an electric toothbrush with the Aspen Dental name on it. I thought this was a great deal - they give out electric toothbrushes, a week later I recieved a bill for $160 - for the elec toothbrush. Found out there cost was $60. I called and spoke to the receptionist, a snotty and indifferent kid. I explained that I didn't want the tooth brush and would not pay. Since it was opened, she said it was mine since I had opened the box, and then suggested I pay for it by credit card over the phone. I suggested that I would no longer be a patient and she responded with "ok, whatever" and hung up. Since I write for for the medical profession I began my research. Within several minutes I was reading ADA (american dental association) guidelines that state a dentist/dental practice can not charge for promotional items, ie the electric toothbrush with there name on it. I called back and spoke to the district manager. At first her response was the same as the other until I read the section in the ADA guidelines. I threatened to report them and finally I was told that there would be no charge. I gave the toothbrush back but continued to get calls from the snooty receptionist asking for money.
More Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Aspen Dental - unsatisfactory work 
- Aspen Dental - class action lawsuit against aspen dental 
- Aspen Dental - aspen dental practice! 
- Aspen Dental - be weary and do your research! 
- Aspen Dental - charging us for services covered by insurance 
- Aspen Dental - Uneeded dental procedure
- Aspen Dental Management - finance scam
- Aspen Dental Management - dentures and and never following up
- Aspen Dental Management - dentures/implants/loss of bone mass and not honoring warranty
- Aspen Dental Management - billing