Aspen Dental / service

I went in as a new patient for a cleaning. I moved to the area about a year and 1/2 ago and had not yet seen a dentist. I saw my last dentist every six months and had seen him in the month I moved. Aspen was in the network of my dental carrier and location was convienent. They took approximately 25 X-rays and then the dentist reviewed and took a look at my teeth. They said they could not clean my teeth that day, since they claimed I needed a deep cleaning and that they had to do the cleaning in sections. I then met with the "financical counselor" who presented a bill for $3500, after insurance it was $1500. Besides the deep cleaning, they choose to refill all of my fillings, flush out my gums, floride, coating for my gums, etc. After I spent 1/2 hours having her explain all the charges and eliminating them, repeatedly saying all I wanted was a cleaning, I got the bill down to $300 (after insurance). I scheduled the appointments. After considering all the services they tried to get me to do, I decided this was not a business I was going to support and cancelled. I will find a small local dentist without the fancy packaging.

Comments

• Al
      11th of Feb, 2010

We’re sorry to hear that you weren’t fully satisfied with your Aspen Dental experience. Our doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that we not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience with a member of our patient satisfaction team, please call 866-273-8606

• Re
      30th of Aug, 2015

There are two reasons that I decided to get a new dentist. One is that of all the visits for dental work at the Lady Lake office, my file has been misplaced every time. Other patients in the waiting room that were waiting also had their files misplaced also. Not an organized office. The second reason is that my confidence in the dental services at Aspen Dental was always very low due to the stories I heard while living in Cleveland, Ohio, but two times while getting a cleaning I asked if the dentist can look at the tooth they put a crown on because after the permanent crown was put on in the Lady Lake office, I have been having pain on and off in that tooth. The Aspen Dental dentist said nothing looked wrong. About a week ago I went to an emergency appt. with my new dentist elsewhere, and the pain in my tooth was do to an infection in the tooth. I need another root canal on that tooth as well as the one next to it. Aspen Dental did not seem to care about my tooth pain, and the infection in the tooth they put a crown on. Now I get to pay another couple of thousand dollars. Yippee. So I switched. l