Ashley Furniture / leather quality

United States Review updated:

We bought a leather sofa and loveseat from our local Ashley Furniture Store here in Arizona three years ago, along with Ashley's 5 year extended warranty. When it was delivered, the leather on the sofa cushions did not seem to be as high quality as the rest of the leather, but we didn't worry because we had a warranty and we had cleaning people who conditioned our sofa every month. When the cushions developed cracking and peeling, we called Ashley furniture with confidence that they would take care of us. Ashley one-sidedly decided we had not properly maintained their leather, despite our documentation to the contrary, and refused to take care of the problem. We are terribly disappointed with Ashley's product and their customer service.

Comments

• Ry
      Sep 20, 2011

I purchased an Ashley sofa and love seat about 2 years ago. I condition the leather every 6 months. The couch has about a 8" rip on the right arm rest, next to the seam. The love seat has the leather literally coming apart. It seems as if they stretched the leather too thin. My brother also purchased an Ashley couch with a more firm type of leather. His armrests are fine, but the seat that he regularly uses had the leather peel near the head rest...he uses no hair products whatsoever and keeps his house very cool. His couch was less than a year old when problems started showing. I find this unacceptable, as we both spent good money on new couches that look like junk now.

• El
      Jan 24, 2013

I am also extremely disappointed with my purchase. We bought a beautiful leather sofa and love seat also in the Ashley brand. I had been told by the seller that it was top quality leather. I also condition it as well as clean it with the special products. And, exactly as you have described, our couch is peeling at the head area where my husband sits, and on the arm part where I sit. Now, the strange thing is, why is the leather degrading in the one area where NO ONE sits? This being the middle of the sofa lower front cushion. It appears to be stretching outward almost as if it were bubbling! I went to the dealer that I purchased it from who reassured me he would contact the company. I have never heard from him. And now that I read other comments similar that the company of Ashley Furniture doesn't seem to care, then I'm left thinking I now also have a not-so-beautiful sofa that looks like junk. My humble opinion that I have been telling family and friends wanting to buy furniture...steer clear of Ashley Furniture!

• Ca
      Nov 07, 2015

I have a 3 year old dark brown leather sofa from Ashley Furniture and we barely use it. The leather is peeling. Each day it is as if the peeling worsens without even being touched. I am so disappointed in this piece of furniture. We cleaned it with the cleaning product as recommended and it is just as if it is disintegrating. Do not make the same mistake we did. We had to get a sheet of leather fabric and cover it when guests come. This was a big investment for us. Disgusted.