Ashley Furniture / worst furniture ever!

We purchased a couch that has built in recliners from Ashley in Greenwood, In. Total cost with warranty was 1400.00. It is only me and my husband and we both work long hours so we rarely use the couch. Upon settling into our new home (having the couch for less than a full year), we noticed it was falling apart. Seams were unraveling, the recliner mechanisms were failing making it difficult to close, casters were falling off the ottoman, buttons falling off, staples not properly placed were shredding the backs of the seat cushions, the spring fell in the middle section to the floor, the arms are lose, and so on. We attempted to contact the company to fix it. The did not return the calls, we tried to use the warranty-that company would not honor it. We went into the store to speak with the manager and demand money back for selling us the non-existent warranty- He refused and offered to send out their service team at cost to us! We the called the corporate company to complain and they contacted the store and demanded them to send out an tech. He took one look at the couch and said it was trash. He then ordered all new parts and said when they came in he would rebuild the couch in our living room. That was last December! Now I have couch parts and a trashy couch littering up my living room and I am still having to pay the rest of the 1400.00 off for a couch that I will have to turn around and replace.

Comments

• Ri
      16th of Dec, 2007

Sounds about right... my sofa is falling apart and the "elite" warranty company said they won't cover it because its normal "wear"...

8th of Mar, 2011
    Ashley Furniture - Worst furniture ever
    Ashley Furniture

We bought a new sofa in january of 2010. didn't get it until the end of february 2010. in may 2010 the right side reclining mechinism broke. we couldn't get it to go down. we literally had to shimmy off of it, stand in front, push it straight in and then push it down to get it to close.

i called the # the sales lady gave me for the warrenty. they asked me who was sitting on it when it broke. i told them my husband. then they asked me how much he weighs. i told them 320lbs. they said that because he was over weight, that it wasn't covered by the warrenty.

then in september the seat on the left side broke. i was literally sitting on a lean because the board broke. i called them back. they asked me who was sitting on it. i said me. then they ask me how much i weigh. i say 267lbs. then she asks me how OFTEN i sit on the couch. i told her that i'm disabled and sit on it most of the day because of my back. then she told me that i exceeded the NORMAL use warrenty of the sofa and it wasn't covered.

then just two weeks before the anniversary of the safa purchase, the middle cushion came apart from the frame. i didn't notice it until 2 days later when my 2 year old got her foot trapped between the steel frame while she was sleeping. it took us 20 minutes to free her foot. so i called them a third time. they inform mr that because i didn't report it when it happened that it wasn't covered.

i tried to explain to them that i haven't even had this couch for a year and it was broken in 3 places. they then inform me that because the place i got it from is going out of businees that they can't help me. i tell the lady that all warrenties are still in effect even if the store goes out of business because the warrenty is with ashley. she laughed at me and said " good luck with that!"

ashley is the worst furniture ever. and they don't care that we the customers pay so much for furniture that we are convinced into getting because the sales people tell us we have such a great warrenty. it's all bogus!!! i would give this couch to a homeless person, that's how bad it is. and i've only had it for one year and 10 days!!!